Sunday, January 29, 2012

A Gray Dismal Sunday

Too Stuffy in here.
Well the snow did not materialize as the weatherman said it may, but it is certainly a Gray, Cold and Dismal day outside today, Woke at 7.30 after a restless night and just do not want to get up and out of bed this morning, I hate winter, being stuck inside in a hot dry stuffy house is not my idea of fun, I am trying to find a happy medium where the house is warm but not to stuffy, not succeeded yet but am working on it.

I think I will have to see about investing in a humidifier if this keeps up as I find the Central Heating dry,s out the air in the room and affects my breathing slightly and also dry,s out my Nostril and my Throat, Don't you just love these little "Quirks" that we get with this bloody disease, still thinking about ways of overcoming the problem keeps me from getting bored "NOT". The humidifier shown is one that Homebase do at £72.99 so that may be worth looking at, Hooray, this may be the answer so a trip to Homebase this week I think.

So there we go that is my moan over for today "Maybe" However woke at 7.30  and off to make a coffee once I can get my right hand working, I slept with it under my Pillow last night, "Not a good Idea" and it is all seized up this morning so 15 minutes of Massage gets it working again and so Coffee and then back to bed, after switching on the heating.  to watch the morning news until 8.30, and then into the lounge ready for the carer to come.

Mick the Carer.
In the lounge watching the TV News and Mick the carer arrives at 9.15. we have a natter and put the British economy right in about 10 minutes (don't know how Cameron finds it so difficult) and Mick soon has me washed and groomed for the day ahead and is soon on his way, so now to get some porridge for breakfast and then I can settle down on facebook for a couple of hours.

Mick has made his way onto the next client and I have made my porridge and now I am on Facebook and also checking my e-mails.
Its cold today
I text pauline to let her know all is OK and she phones back to say that I will be welcome to go down and see her and gordon today if I get fed up, so that is nice and I may do that. Anyway I need to go round to Tesco Express and get a couple of bits and pieces so wrap up warm and off I go, It is so cold that I get there and back as fast as I can "Which in reality is Snail pace" I think half of what slows me down is the amount of clothe,s I am wearing in this cold.
Gervase.

Back home now and it is 12.00 My son Gervase Phones to say he will be round to see me  at 1.00 pm today, so at 12.30 I get some crisp bread and cream cheese for lunch and a Banana, and Gervase arrives at 1.10. so we have a good old natter, he then goes round to the ATM at Tesco to get me some cash out as he is going to give me a lift down to Pauline and Gordon at 2.30. so that is Ok and will save me a taxi fare.

At 2.40 we leave home and Gervase decides that we will go down to Pauline,s via the sea front. It is nice to get out of the house in the car and I am surprised by the amount of people out and about along Southsea sea front today. anyway I take a couple of pictures with my mobile phone, they did not come out to badly and it shows how gray it is out today.
The photograph shows the road past south Parade Pier. anyway we are soon at Gervase,s House " Gervase lives at the other end of Pauline,s Road". I had text pauline and said that we were on the way and she was waiting outside Gervase,s with "Misty the Labrador" so we walk down to Pauline,s and get inside in the warm and have a coffee. It is good to see Pauline and Gordon and also Misty. and I stay until about 4.15 when I get a taxi back home.

That was a nice afternoon with Gervase and then seeing Pauline and Gordon, back indoors now and make a coffee and then get this Journal written and Posted. It is Now about 5.30 and I get a phone call from Pauline to see if I am ok and keeping warm, the answer is Yes all is OK, Pauline,s sister Francis had sent Pauline a text to see if I was OK as She had gone to read my Daily Journal and it had not been done for today, so This is to Fran


I am sorry the Journal is late today.
I went down to Pauline,s, and got carried away
The coffee was cold, and the food was stale
And misty sat on me, Wagging her tale.
Gordon made me, Do the washing up,
I got ever so frightened, and broke a cup.
So I legged it back home, in a terrible state
And that is why, The journal is late.

Well that is another weekend over so until tomorrow I will say Tatty Bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment