Sunday, January 8, 2012

Poetry in Motion ?


I Know I've overdone it, 
When I ache from feet to head
and all I want to do all day
is stay here in my bed.


But I know, that if I do that.
Then Myositis, it has won.
So I jump right out, of my snug bed
And land up on my bum.


It really is not funny.
these trials we have to bare.
But I should have remembered
when I got up, that last night........

"I Moved the Chair"

Watching TV in bed.
Not such a good nights sleep last night, went off to bed about 11.15 but could not get off to sleep until about 2.00 am  but then slept through until 745 this morning, got up and made the coffee, and took that back to bed to watch the News on TV.  Don,t really want to get up today as after my jaunt over to  B&Q yesterday my leg and thigh muscles are aching quite a bit today, still as it is sunday I will have a bit of a lazy morning, as the carer does not come that early on a weekend so go and make some porridge to have in bed while watching the News. 

Guy the carer.
However at about 8.40 I hear  the knocking on the front door and it s Guy the Carer arrived with another trainee carer, they have certainly caught me on the hop today. Oh well there goes my lie in. anyway we have a chat and a laugh and then guy gets me washed and groomed and is then on his way to the next client, I decide I might as well get dressed as I am up so then make a coffee and go to the lounge to get the TV on and fire up the laptop.

Portsmouth Harbour 10.00 am today.
The weather is a bit dull today, not as sunny as it has been but it is quite mild today and there is very little breeze, anyway I text pauline and let her know all is OK and then check the weather over the harbour via the old portsmouth live webcam. I have to go round to tesco at sometime this morning to get some chicken for dinner today, but check facebook and emails first. well it is now 10.00 and Pauline has phoned , she and gordon are Ok , they had a lie in this morning, and then Gervase rings to say he will be round today at about 12.00 

Tesco Express, Southsea.
So I decide that it is time to go round to Tesco Express and get the little bit of shopping today, good job it is not to far to go as the legs are still aching but I need to get that little bit of fresh air into the lungs, so off I go, surprisingly by the time I get to Tesco the ache in the leg and Thigh muscles is starting to ease, probably because they are loosening up, so that is good News. I get the bits and pieces that I want , and then make my way back home, I must say that by the time I am indoors and made a coffee, I feel 100% better for the walk, the aches and stiffness are al but gone so that is good, obviously the leg muscles got tight overnight, will have to see what the Neurologist says about Physio when I see him again in February,  

Gervase ad Leanne.
Well here we are back home and the time is approaching 12.00 pm and my Son Gervase arrive to see me. It is nice as I did not see him as usual Thursday evening as he was up in london with work, anyway we have a good chat and he brings me up to speed on his work etc, anyway the time goes fast and we discuss putting down new carpet tiles in the lounge and hall this year at 1.00 pm I go and get my dinner started ready for 2.00 and at 1.30 gervase makes a move home , as he and leanne are out cloth shopping this afternoon and then down to see Elaine, Leanne,s mum this evening.

Portsmouth 2.00 pm today
Well it is now 2.00 pm so time to get dinner served up I am having a nice meal of Chicken, Sprouts, Cauliflower, Broccoli and Mashed potato today with lots of gravy and a glass of Tropical Fruit drink, I am getting on OK wit the "Soft Lumps Diet" it is so much better than having to puree, everything although there are limits to the type,s of food I can manage to swallow and digest, I need to still puree some meats like pork but Poultry and Fish are OK as long as I cut it into small pieces and chew it well and have a glass of liquid handy. Well the weather has certainly brightened up now, and as the words of the Late Buddy Holly song goes.

♬ ♬ ♬The Sun is Out, The Sky is Blue♬ ♬ ♬
♬ ♬ ♬There's not a cloud, To spoil the view♬ ♬ ♬

So on that note I will go for a cat nap so until tomorrow folks I will say Good Bye.



1 comment:

  1. Love the poem Frank, I get up slowly as the room tends to spin,that's OK after a couple of drinks, but stone cols sober it's silly!

    ReplyDelete