Wednesday, January 18, 2012

A Raynaud's Evening.

Well all I can say this morning is thank goodness that today is another day. Did not sleep to well initially last night, woke a couple of times between 11.00 and 3.30, but then slept through until the alarm clock went off at 7.30. The problem was with this Raynaud's Phenomenon that I have, alongside the Dermatomyositis.


Stock Photo.
Raynaud's phenomenon is recurrent spasm of the arteries supplying the fingers, toes or other extremities, which causes them to go bluish-white, cold and very painful. When the circulation returns the toes and fingers go very red.The picture of the toes shown here is a 
stock photo but it is what my toes looked like last night.


Anyway I will phone the doctor later this Morning just to keep them up to date on my condition, and to see if they want to see me or can give any advice over the phone. At least the weather is milder today although it is very overcast and misty with a drizzle of rain.


Happy Amanda.
However get up and make a coffee and then into the lounge to watch the BBC1 news and to check facebook and my E-Mails. It is not starting out very well today I have no Virgin Media TV service, I have Broadband and Phone, Phone virgin and apparently there is a nationwide problem with there media services and they are working on fixing it, so I go to the BBC website and catch the news that way, Check the emails and ten Amanda Arrives. 


Portsmouth 9.00 18-01-12
Amanda is here at 8.20 so we have a chat and she soon has me washed and shaved ready for the day ahead, she check my feet and puts some lotion on them but at the moment all is OK. so Amanda makes her way to her next client and I go and get some Porridge for breakfast. I finish breakfast and then get dressed, by now it is 9.00 am so text pauline and let her know I am going to phone the doctor at 9.30, TV Service is back now so that is OK check the Webcam at Portsmouth harbour, it shows how dull and miserable it is at 9.00 am and that is how it is going to be all day by all accounts, but at least it is warmer today with a temp at the moment of 10ᴼ C. 


At 9.30 I phone the surgery and ask to speak to a doctor, the receptionist said that the doctor would phone back before 11.00 am so that is ok, So I text pauline to let her know, she is out with misty on the common for the morning walk.


Lambswool socks from M&S
I get the laptop fired back up and get onto facebook and check messages etc, visit the Myositis groups and play a couple of games and watch a bit of TV, make a cup of tea and 
have a couple of biscuits and then the phone rings and it is Doctor Richbell phoning back. 
Thermal socks from M&S.
She agrees that it is the Raynaud's and says that it is beneficial to wear woolen socks not synthetic material socks, also Thermal socks will help and also in this cold weather to wear several layers, Wide shoes will help and to make sure if possible to stay in side with a constant temperature in this cold weather, (Easier said than done when you live on your own)


Stock Photo.
 Anyway much as I thought so tomorrow when we go down town with pauline we will be looking to purchase wooly socks. Raynaud's also affects the fingers as well and is normally triggered by changes in Temperature so a pair of wooly gloves is also a good idea, and we will also look for some warm wide fitting shoes as well, more expense but well worth it if it can help a little and alleviate some of the pain.






I phone Pauline and let her know what the doctor said and now it is 1.00 and time to think about dinner, I am having a nice piece of Line caught Haddock today, cooked in butter with Mashed Potato and a cheese sauce, it is ready by 2.00 and it is very tasty and goes down a treat, I follow this up with Peaches in Custard, " Very Tasty " 


I now need to get round to Tesco Express for some fruit juice and Milk and then I can get back home into the dry and the warmth, Back home now so I will get this Journal posted and then a short Cat Nap before it will be time for Pointless at 5.15 so until tomorrow and sock shopping day I will say Bye Bye. 

2 comments:

  1. Sorry you slept badly Frank,yes Raynaud's is really annoying, so far this winter a dog or cart on the bed has helped a lot;but I think bed socks will be needed soon. My GP said to sleep naked as it would help stop scleroderma itching, so the just socks look is not too alluring!
    Today it is very cold here including the windchill factor it is minus 35C, my grandchildren in Thompson are dealing with minus 48C, now that is cold. I have not been out today, it will be brutal on the hands.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Chris, I have had it before in both fingers and toes but Yesterday was the coldest day yet, nothing like it is over in Canada though, My cousin lives in Alberta and she was saying it is -32ᴼ. I am off out tomorrow to go wool sock hunting and thermal socks, as doctor recommends. , still it will soon be the warmer spring weather and then we can go from tingling toes to labored breathing. never a dull moment in our Myositis world. LOL. Take care Frank.

      Delete