Thursday, January 26, 2012

Sack the Helper.

Rare Disease day is on the 29th February 2012



Here we are again, another Thursday dawns with the cold and rain although it is supposed to brighten up as the day goes by. It is 7.00 am when I wake today and it is a very miserable day, I get out of bed and get a coffee made and then snuggle back into bed until 8.00 when I will need to be up ready for when Amanda Comes.

A wet Miserable day in Portsmouth at 8.00 am.
Not a Happy Amanda

At 8.00 am I make my way into the lounge to watch the BBC 1 Breakfast news on TV and also make another coffee. I get the laptop up and running to check e-mails and Facebook and at 8.40 there is a knock at the front door and it is Amanda, I did not here her coming today and the reason is that she is not on her cycle, but is having to walk as her Bicycle has a puncture. And she is not her normal happy self.

Apparently Portsmouth Adult Social care are reducing the amount of Care agency,s they use in Portsmouth and although the company Amanda works for is being retained by Adult social care, they are being given a new area in the North of the Island so I will have to have a new carer, I am not happy about that so will look into the "Direct Payment" option and employing my own carer. anyway it does not take Amanda long to get me ready for the day ahead and then she is on her merry way.

Profile bed that I have.
Now I text Pauline and let her know all is OK here and to find out what time she will be round today as we plan to go to Lidl and then get the mattress turned on the Profile bed. and change the bedding. anyway Pauline phones to say she will not be taking Misty out for her walk yet as it is raining very hard, so will phone me after and let me know what time she will be round.

At 10.30 Pauline phones to say she will be coming round to day about Twelve  O'Clock. "I honestly do not know what the world is coming to, I let Pauline come round to help me, out of the goodness of my heart. I do not Embarrass her by offering to pay for her time,  and now she has the audacity to decide what time she will come round, I think the only thing I can do is give her the sack". But if I do that she will probably just nag me into submission, so there is only really one thing I can say and that is " Pauline, You are one in a million" It is now 12.00 and pauline phone,s to say she is on her way so she will be here shortly, and the rain has cleared and their is blue sky and sunshine so we can get out down to Lidl.

Portsmouth at 12.00 26-01-12
on the way to Lidl.
Pauline arrives and so I make her a coffee and we have a chat and decide that we will get the wheel chair out and then make our way to Lidl in Goldsmith Avenue. It is not far so I decide to walk and push the wheelchair for a little while. Anyway off we go there is a strong wind but it is pleasant out in the fresh air and I manage to walk all the way to Lidl before I feel that I need to get into the wheelchair so that was good exercise but do not want to over stretch myself, so we go into Lidl and have a look round, Pauline gets a few bits and all I get is a couple of bags of Dog treats for "Misty" and then we make our way back home.

Once home we get some lunch and then Pauline gets the mattress turned on my bed and puts new bedding on for me,  Pauline also brought my laundry with her today and will take the next lot with her when she comes on Tuesday,so that is a job well done, we now have another coffee and then it is time for Pauline to make her way home as it is now 3.00 pm. so I phone for her taxi and she is soon on her way home, so we have had a good productive day today. 

So all that is left for me to do now is to get this blog written and then to think about what time i need to get dinner for tonight, I got a Asda "Chicken Curry" ready meal on Tuesday so am thinking of trying that tonight, it is a long time since I had a curry, this is a fairly mild one so hopefully I will manage it but we will see, however I am going to get this Journal posted so until tomorrow and the Methotrexate I will say Cheerio.

No comments:

Post a Comment