Thursday, January 19, 2012

Sock it to me Pauline.

Time to rise.
And another day looms ahead of us, the object of today is to go Sock hunting in Marks and Spencer,s down at the City Shopping precinct. but that will come later on, again it took a bit of time to get to sleep last night, went to bed just after ten o,clock and didn't get of to sleep until after eleven thirty, but then slept through until 7.30 this morning when the alarm clock went off, could have happily stayed in bed today as it looks really miserable out of the window, but Amanda will be here soon after 8 so I get up and make a coffee and make my way into the lounge.

Amanda on her Bike.
I put on the TV to watch the BBC1 Breakfast news and fire up the laptop to check facebook and my e-mails and then I am already for when Amanda gets here. The weather is not at all nice and it is raining lightly at the moment so just hope amanda does not get to wet on her bike this morning. True to form Amanda arrives at 8.20 slightly "Damp" but in good humour, she does not take her long to get me washed and groomed ready for the day ahead and then she is back on her cycle and on her merry way.

Where is pauline.
I text Pauline and let her Know all is done and dusted, Pauline Phones back to say ahe is just about to take Mist out for her morning walk on the Common and will book a taxi for 10.30 to come and collect me and the wheelchair and then we will be of down town to get  " The Wooly Socks ".

Portsmouth at 9.17 19-01-12
Well it is now 9.00 O'clock so another 30 minutes and I will have to start getting ready for when Pauline comes, so a quick check with Facebook and then have a look at the live webcam pictures of Portsmouth harbour, it really is a dismal day today but the weather forecast is for an improvement in the weather later this morning so that is OK, anyway you can see what the weather is like today by the Picture of Portsmouth harbour at 9.15 this morning, it is 98% humidity and a temp of 11.5ᴼ c.

City wide Taxi's
Pauline arrives with the Taxi at 10.45 she has been into the Eastney Health Centre to collect a prescription for me to get some cream for a Nasal infection and we can get that filled at Boots the Chemist in Portsmouth Precinct.
We get the Wheelchair and me into the taxi and off we go "Down Town" as the "Petula Clark song goes" "good grief that rolls back the years 1964 I was a mere 21 year old then", anyway that is enough nostalgia, back to the present day and wooly sock hunting.

M&S Slipper Socks.
We get to the precinct and the Taxi drops us off behind Boots the chemist so we go into boots and get the Prescription filled and also buy another packet of "Boots Stay dry Pant,s", don,t you just love the names of these products , and then we head over into M&S to look at the sock,s. We get the lift up to the first floor mens department and find the sock display, they have a good range of wooly socks, so I choose " as if I had a choice with Pauline,s Insistence" LOL 2 pack,s of "2 North Coast Wool blend socks" also a pack of "4 Lambswool rich socks" and a pair of "warm wooly Slipper socks" total cost £40.00 "Forty Pound for 9 pairs of sock,s" the 4x lambswool socks may be rich, but I certainly ain't after today LOL, anyway joking aside I am glad I have got them and if it helps to keep my feet warm then it is well worth it, so next stop is Clarks the shoe shop for a pair of comfy and extra wide shoes.
Stonehill Edge shoe
We walk to the end of the precinct and go into Clarks and they have a sale on so I am looking for a pair of black extra wide size 8 leather shoe, with a rubber sole and velcro strap fastening as it is almost impossible for me to bend down to tie shoe laces, the assistant is very helpful and we find a nice pair that is very easy to put on and very comfortable and light, so I try walking in them and they are fine. so we buy them they were a £59.99 pair of shoes reduced in the sale to £29.99, " Why not £30.00 "

The main Tesco in Portsmouth city centre.
So there we are mission accomplished, Pauline now wants to go into wilkinson,s and get some items for Misty and also get some cleaning bits and pieces so we get those and then as it is 12.15 we decide to go into tesco and get some lunch and then get a little but of shopping in there before making our way home. we had a nice lunch in Tesco, Homemade cream of Mushroom soup with a portion of chips on the side, it went down a treat, we then have a coffee and then do a little bit of shopping and once outside I phone for the taxi to take us home.

Gervase 2009
Once home we get the shopping put away and then have a nice coffee and biscuits, Pauline collects my washing to take with her and after we have had a coffee I phone for the taxi to take Pauline home and settle down with the Computer and TV, and get this Journal Written. It has been a good day today,  I have Pointless to watch on TV at 5.15 and at 6.00 I need to get my dinner in the cooker ready for 7.00. Roast chicken and 4 veg tonight "Tasty".My son Gervase will be in at 6.30 to see me on his way home from work, so until tomorrow I will say Adios.

No comments:

Post a Comment