Monday, January 9, 2012

Something Tell,s Me ?

Portsmouth at 8.50 today
♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ I'm into something good ♫  ♪ ♫ ♪. Or so the words from the song by "Herman,s Hermits" said as it came blasting out of the radio this morning, and another Monday is among us, not so bright this morning a lot of cloud moving across the sky, so I expect to see some rain this morning at some time.
I had a really good nights sleep last night and woke at 7.20 this morning so pleased about that, "it is funny how my sleep pattern keeps changing, although why anything surprises me with this illness is beyond me"

Happy Amanda.
Anyway go and make the coffee and then into the lounge to await the arrival of Amanda my carer and to text Pauline, Pauline has an appointment with her doctor this morning and also has a health check, so just to wish her luck and will speak to her later.
Amanda arrives at 8.15 and soon has me washed and groomed and then makes her way off to her next client, while I go and get some porridge for breakfast and another cup of tea.

Finished breakfast and go and wash up and then get myself shaved and dressed and then on to the laptop to see who is about on Facebook,
"Very much like groundhog day here every morning, same old routine, must look at changing it."

To be quite honest Mondays are always a very relaxing day for me, it is the day that I get my finances sorted for the week, work out my schedule, ie appointments, shopping etc and then just chill out. I try and get some family history research done if I can, I have over 2,200 names on the family tree so far and hopefully more will appear over time.

However that is for later this afternoon, at the moment I need to go round to tesco and get a few bits and pieces to get through today as tomorrow it will be the big shopping day with Pauline. Before I go I phone my sister Eileen and have a chat with her about her new online store, so hopefully that will go well for her and Chris.
Pauline,s Doctor.
 So get off round to tesco and back and then text pauline again, it is 10.45 and I have not heard from her, anyway at 11.00 Pauline rings to say that all is pretty much OK, the tingling in her right hand has been confirmed as Carpal Tunnel and she has to make an appointment at St Mary,s to have it seen to and also her Cholesterol is slightly high so she has to change her diet but otherwise she was pleased with the outcome. ( update appointment on the 1st February)

Part of the Archive.
Well the time is pushing on, I am going to try and get my Genealogy Photo,s and research documents into some kind of Order into some kind of order as at the moment they are in a bit of a pickle, still plenty of time on my hands at the moment so no excuse really not to do it so time to get the bookcase in the corner sorted out into some kind of order, trouble is I start to do it, find something interesting and then go into research mode and get onto the Ancestry site or the National Archive site and away I go into finding another ancestor.

The time has now got to 2.00 pm and time for dinner, I am having Chicken with 3 Veg, Mashed potato and Gravy today followed by Fruit and Custard so that should be quite tasty, Did not get very far with the archive as I found some old photographs that I needed to get scanned into the computer.  As I have many American and Canadian Myositis friends on the Facebook Groups and also Extended Family in the USA and Canada I have posted a couple of old Photographs that may interest you ( or may not as the case may be )

This first Photograph was taken about 1944 when my father was in the Royal Navy he was on HMS Lamont. it was stationed in New York He was in the USA and visited his Uncle Frederick Cecil smith, here he is with his Aunt and Uncle and his Cousin Wilson Frederick Smith, My father is the man to the Right of the Photograph. I think the photograph was taken somewhere in New jersey


This Second photograph may be of Interest to the Canadian,s. In 1912 all my Maternal  Grandfathers Family ( apart from my Grandfather ) Emigrated to Canada, My Grandfather and his older sons worked in a Brickworks in Croydon UK and they settled in "Delson Junction" where they worked at the Laprairie Brickworks. the Photograph shows Pat and smash ( the two little lads on the right of the 4 boys in the photograph) these were the children of my Grandfathers Older Brother James Hubbard.



Well that is about it for today folks as I am getting carried away with the family History so I won't bore you any further so until tomorrow I will say Adios Amigo,

No comments:

Post a Comment