Friday, January 13, 2012

A Sunny Methotrexate Day.

And another Friday dawns, it is an excellent day out side today nice crisp sunny weather with bright blue skies but a very cld day, when I drew back the curtains this morning, I could see that the cars had a lot of frost on their roofs, but that aside today is Friday the 13th, and it is also Methotrexate day so probably will not be up to much today.

Portsmouth at 9.00 am Today picture from the live webcam at Gunwharf.
Feet out of bed.
As usual Amanda is on time and soon has me washed and groomed, she also washes my hair today and puts some cream on my feet. I had a problem with my feet during the night. At about 3.00 am I woke up with what I can only describe is a hot feeling in the toes of my feet, they were quite red but they were not hot and the only relief I could get was to sleep with my feet out of the end of the bed, however this morning when I woke they were OK, so got Amanda to put lotion on this morning and the district nurses are going to come in and have a look, this has happened before so not to concerned, part and parcel of this Dermatomyositis.

Off for the morning walk.
So now that I have had breakfast (Rice Crispie,s) and taken the Prednisolone, the calcium, the vitamin B, the vitamin D, the Thiamine Hydrochloride and the Methotrexate I am rattling like a good-un, so now a coffee and a bit of time in front of the TV until I take a stroll round to Tesco Express for some milk and fruit drink. I do not really feel like it at the moment but I need to get some fresh air and give the muscle,s and joints a bit of exercise. It is not far to Tesco and I really enjoyed the walk in the sunshine, it is quite cold so had to wrap up warm, but back home now so well worth the effort, Time for a nice cup of tea and a "Scotch egg".


Catch me if you can.
While I was out the postman came, there is a letter here from the Care company that supplies Amanda my Carer, apparently Portsmouth Adult social care are cutting the number of care agency,s they use from the beginning of the next financial year ( april ) and I think this company is trying to make sure they keep there client base as they are trying to persuade me to go for Direct Payment and employ the agency direct. The way it works at the moment is that Adult social care pay the agency and then bill me for part of the monthly payment. the amount I pay is dependent on my income (Means tested) with Direct payment Adult social care pay the contribution they pay, direct to me and the care company then bill me for the whole amount., if I went for direct payment I would not employ the care company I would employ Pauline as my carer and pay her.

The New St Mary,s Treatment centre.
One other thing I need to do is get my eating plan up to date for this week. I have an appointment with my Dietician at St Mary,s medical centre on Monday and I have to take a chart listing what I had for my meals and snacks every day, they sent the chart to me by post last week so I need to make sure that I get it filled in up to date so I have got t ready for the dietician on Monday. so there we go this is another Methotrexate day where I have not done very much, but I have not felt to bad this afternoon so  think a nice evening of Family history research is on the cards. I had a nice lunch at 2.00 pm of chicken and 4 vegetables so feeling rather bloated at the moment, so only a light snack at teatime I think. Well that is about it for today now to see if I can post this link yet on facebook, Fingers crossed, so until tomorrow I will say Adios Amigo,s.

No comments:

Post a Comment