Tuesday, January 3, 2012

What a Stormy Tuesday.

Bed is the best place to be.
Good Grief, the weather is a bit wet and windy today. I was woken at about 4.45 this morning with the wind and rain battering the Widow and the fences between the back gardens rattling. decided to go and make a coffee and then put on the news channel on TV, well although I think it is bad here, they are getting it worse up in Scotland and the North of England, anyway stay in bed watching the news and following the weather until 7.45 when I get up. I text Pauline to let her Know that  there are several trees down around Salisbury as I know Gordon is driving to Salisbury today as he works around that area, but he has already left.

Happy Amanda.

Amanda my carer, arrives wet and windswept at about 8.20, she travels by bicycle and today is not the day to travel by bike. anyway she is well dressed for the weather and it is not long before she has me washed and groomed ready for the day ahead. I have a Appointment at 10.30 for a blood test today so not looking forward to going out in this weather. anyway Pauline text,s to say she has a Taxi booked for 10.10 to come and collect me.

Southsea sea front at 9.30 am this morning. you can see
the waves crashing over the promenade and the road has
been closed.
Well Amanda has now gone on to her next client so I go and get some Rice Crispie,s for breakfast and then settle down with the laptop to see who is on Facebook and to check my emails. It is now getting on for 9.30 so need to go and have a shave and then get dressed ready for when Pauline gets here with the Taxi. The weather seems to be getting worse it is very dark skies and heavy gusting wind, rattling around the back garden and the rain is very heavy.

Is this Debbie.
Most of Southsea sea front has been closed off as the sea is very stormy, but according to the weatherman it will settle down as the morning progresses. anyway it is now 10.20 and pauline has arrived with the Taxi so off we go to Eastney Health Centre to see Debbie ( The Vampire ) to give the blood for my regular blood test. I am sure that debbie goes to Transylvania for her holiday,s as she is the only one at the health centre that can get a good flow of blood out of my Veins.

Bridge Centre, Fratton (stock photo)
Anyway my Appointment is for 10.35 and we eventually go in to Debbie at 10 55, It does not take long and then we are out and I call the Taxi to take us home to get the wheel chair and then off to Asda to do the weekly shop. The taxi is soon here and off we go, eventually getting to Asda at the bridge centre at about 11.45, so we decide to have a coffee first at the cafeteria and then we can start the shopping, actually I have not got a lot to get today neither has Pauline so hopefully we will not be here for to long, the wind is still very strong and the rain is still heavy but at least we are inside in the dry.

Portsmouth Today at 2.45 from the Gunwharf live
web cam overlooking the spinnaker tower.
Well we soon get the shopping done so by 1.00 pm we are ready to go home so I phone a taxi, it is still very windy but at least the rain has stopped but still very dark grey clouds around, anyway Taxi arrives so we get the shopping, Wheelchair and Pauline into the Taxi ( In that Order ) and head for home, Once Home I make a nice coffee and we can sit and relax and have a chat. it is now 2.00 pm and the difference in the weather is astounding, the wind has now eased of and there is blue sky and sunshine, "What a difference in 2 hours"  anyway it is time for pauline to make her way home , so I call a taxi for her  and off she goes.

On the Laptop. for the Afternoon.
So Now time for a couple of crispbread with cream cheese and a yoghurt for lunch and then an afternoon of the TV and the laptop to get this journal done, before having dinner at 6.00 pm and off round to see my Son and Leanne this evening at 7.30, so a busy day today and a day of rest tomorrow, so until tomorrow and better weather I will say Cheerio.

No comments:

Post a Comment