Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Where did Wednesday go ?

I thought I would start today with a little known fact, that Portsmouth on the south coast of the UK where I live is actually an Island, Totally surrounded by water Portsmouth was Founded in 1180, but can be traced back to 897 when King Alfred the great gained victory over the Danes in the English Channel. The first royal charter recorded was in 1194 by King Richard the First. So there we go history lesson over for today. {You didn't expect that now, Did you ?} Welcome to Portsmouth and  Portsea Island.

Motorway (M275) Entrance to Portsea Island 
So here we are on another Wednesday Morning and again another really good nights sleep. I think I am catching up with the sleep that I missed when in Hospital on Sunday night,  anyway went to bed last night at 11.00 and woke at 7.00 this morning so pleased about that.
Anyway at 7.30 go and make a coffee and then watch the BBC1 Breakfast news on TV. I do not have to get up so early in the morning now as Amanda has changed her visiting times to 8 40 so an extra 30 minutes lay in now. however I get up at 8.00 and make another coffee and into the lounge to get the laptop up and running to check emails and then facebook before Amanda arrives.
It is now 8.45 and Amanda arrives on her cycle, I know it is her as I can here her using her bike lock to lock her cycle to the front gate. It is a sad reflection on modern society that you have to lock up your cycle in a residential area, I can remember growing up in the 1950,s in Fareham when we never ever had to lock our back door, neither did the neighbour,s, everybody Knew everyone and the community spirit was great, still I suppose this is the price we pay for Greed and Progress. Anyway it does not take long for Amanda to get me Washed and sorted for the day ahead, and then she is on her way, so I text Pauline to say all is OK here and then get some Breakfast.

So that brings us to 9.00. I have a couple of wheatabix for breakfast and then get back to watching the TV and getting on line, need to get some Family History research done today, if I can build up the enthusiasm, still recovering from the weekend I think, also yesterday was tiring what with shopping and blood test,s etc, . anyway won,t be doing much today as the weather is very dull and they are predicting rain and wind this afternoon, I will need to get round to Tesco Express in a little while to get some milk and fruit drink, also need the fresh air. It is very gray outside today as you can see from the picture taken at 9.00 this morning from the live webcam at Portsmouth Harbour.

The time is now 11.00 so time for a nice Banana Complan and then off round to Tesco Express. the walk round to Tesco has certainly blown away the cobwebs, it is nice to get out and have a walk around the block every day, although sometimes I try and walk further and get carried away and over do it and then I suffer but what the heck, if you don't try, you don't know. Anyway back home and it is 11.45 and I will need to think about lunch in an hour, I will be having a cheese and chive spread on a couple of crisp breads + a Banana so will enjoy that.

So lunch is over and done with and it is now 1.30 so I think it is time for a cat nap for an hour, all this daily excitement is to much for one person to bear, however I did have some success in finding out a little bit more about my late wife Christine,s family ancestors in Wales so that is another small piece of the Family Tree added, as I said I think I will go and have a catnap for an hour or so and then get back to finishing todays journal, and then getting tonight,s dinner prepared and  getting ready to watch pointless at 5.15 with a nice cup of coffee.

well that was a nice peaceful cat nap, now all I need is a saucer of milk and my tummy rubbed and I will be ok LOL actually went for a lie down at 2.15 after doing the washing up from breakfast and lunch so that was OK. so now just to finish of this Journal for today and then settle down ready for watching Pointless on TV, will first of all prepare dinner (Roast chicken with Mashed Potato, Cauliflower, Broccoli, and Sprouts)  so that it ready to start cooking at 5.15 pm so dinner at  about 6.00 pm before settling down to Emmerdale at 7.00 and the National TV awards at 7.30 until 10.00 when it will be the news and then bed. so that is about it for today, not a lot achieve today but saving energy for tomorrow when pauline comes round for a couple of hours and possibly a trip out to Lidl if the weather in nice, so until tomorrow I will say Tatty Bye.   


1 comment:

  1. All I could remember from British history was that King Alfred burnt some cakes, altho this endeared me to him, I burn everything, it didn't seem enough of a legacy for a monarch. Thank you for filling in a blank there.
    Where we live is almost an island three sides water, I keep looking for a grant to dig up Main Street and flood it! Not getting much interest here?

    ReplyDelete