Thursday, February 23, 2012

Another Exciting day "NOT"

Langstone Harbour, Portsmouth 9.30 am 23rd February 2012.

Was it Postman Pat ?
And Another day starts with a knock on the door. It was at 7.30 that the alarm clock went off and woke me up, A decent nights sleep but now it was time to get up and get ready for the day, however just as I was starting to think about making a move there is a knock at the front door, " That must be Amanda arriving early I thought" anyway getting my Dressing gown on and my stick I make my way to the front door, There is no one there but there is a card on the floor to say the Postman had tried to deliver a package and no reply so he is returning it to the depot.

Royal Mail sorting office. Portsmouth
The package in Question is is from "Sky" TV and is probably one of the items they need to install my Sky system on Monday and Tuesday next week. I phone "Royal Mail" and they cant schedule re-delivery until next Tuesday or Wednesday " Thanks a lot Royal Mail" so I phone my Sister Eileen and either she or Chris are going to come down tomorrow and collect it for me from the Royal Mail Sorting office in Portsmouth.


Go Amanda Go.
Anyway that is sorted and Amanda arrives at 8.40, she is her happy jovial self. she is not going to be here next week as she is going away for a couple of days with her husband and children so has booked next week off as a holiday, so that should be interesting, I wonder who and at what time carers if any will come next week. " Watch this space [  ? ] ".
Well Amanda. gets me washed and groomed ready for the day in front of me " It can only get better !!!" anyway just as Amanda is about to leave the house phone rings. " Ring Ring Ring "
Answering the phone and it is the Adult Social care person who is supposed to be coming at 9.00 am today to re-asses my care needs after the last couple of weeks events. I thought she was going to say that she would be here soon but no what she said was
" hello I am ??????? I was booked today to come and see you at 9.00 am ( It is now 8.56) unfortunately I have only just looked at my diary and seen it.I am busy today s will have to come and see you tomorrow".
Adult Social services.
I managed to keep my cool and said " that is no good as I have other people here tomorrow" I am expecting the locksmith to come tomorrow to fit the replacement multi point lock to my front door, so she reply,s with " So what are your movements for the rest of the day" (did she mean my Bowel,s LOL ) I said "very slow actually" I do not think she was amused by that, " I am in all day today I said" so she has said she will be round about 4.00 pm this afternoon.
Now I know there are cases more urgent than mine and that cancellations can happen !!But!! this appointment was made on Monday, surely the social worker would have checked her appointment book before this morning, the whole system is going to pot.
Wheatabix for Breakfast "Yummy"
Anyway that is now sorted, perhaps the day will now get some normality to it, as you can see from the Photo at the top of the page it is a nice day in Portsmouth today, although it is cloudy the temperature was 11.1⁰c at 9.30 this morning so it is expected to get warmer as the day goes on. I have had my Breakfast " Wheatabix Today" and have spoken to Pauline and also my sister. Pauline may be round later today or may leave it until tomorrow, so now to get my emails checked and a nice coffee and then Daytime TV.
Pauline and Gordon.
Well the weather is starting to brighten up now, it is looking just like a spring day now. The sky is blue and the sun is shining, and I am having a nice relaxing day in front of the TV watching "Cowboy Builders" and messing around on the laptop. at about 12.00 Pauline and Gordon arrive, Gordon has taken his Jag up for some work and the MOT t be done on it so is using Pauline,s car for work, so he has dropped Pauline off and will make his way to Salisbury for this afternoon.
We have a coffee and a chat and then at about 1.00 pm Pauline goes round to Tesco Express to get me some milk and to get herself a Sandwich for lunch, and I get myself a small "Microwave in the bag" Salmon fillet cooked in Butter with a couple of Crisp Bread.
That went down a treat and we have another coffee, and then at 2.30 Pauline makes her way home and I get back on the laptop to get this Journal Written up and posted and then I can wait for "Adult Social Services" to come to Re-Assess my care needs, The person should be here at 4.00 pm but I won't hold my breath, anyway I will let you know in tomorrows Journal if and what the outcome is. so until tomorrow I will say Tatty Bye.

STOP PRESS

The Adult social services turned up at 3.50 and carried out the re-assessment and it is exactly as it was last time so no change there, it was done because of the impending changes of the care Agency,s

here is how Portsmouth looked at 2.30 this afternoon basked in Sunlight.

No comments:

Post a Comment