Monday, February 27, 2012

Another Monday Dawns.

Time to "Wakey, Wakey"
Good morning folks and here we are on another Monday morning. again a decent nights sleep, although I did wake once at about 3.30 ( this seems to be a regular occurrence at the moment) although I just turned over and went back to sleep again. so It is now about 7.00 am so just put on the TV and listen to the News for an hour and then get up.

At 8.00 I drag myself out of bed, make a coffee and into the lounge to get the laptop up and running and to check on e-mails and facebook. I check the "Langstone Harbour" weather station site and see that although it is cloudy and dull it is quite mild with a temperature of 7.9⁰c. The tide is out today as you can see from the photo taken from the live webcam so it looks like Mud Flats this morning.
Langstone harbour Marina 8.10 this morning.

I have no idea what time the carer,s will come today or who it will be as Amanda is off this week, so I decide to get myself some Porridge for breakfast and then settle down to watch a program on BBC1 about the national Health service, It is a series on all this week about our NHS from its introduction after the second world war. it is presented by " Larry Lamb" with "Gloria Hunniford" The program is called " A Picture of Health"

My Trainee Carer.
The Program starts at 9.15 and at 9.25 the Carers arrive. There are two of them today and One of them is a supervisor ( we have met before) and the other is a new girl, who is just starting, she finished her training on Friday and she is being taken around with a supervisor this week. she is a pleasant enough young lady, apparently she was a "pub landlady" before this so a bit of a career change, anyway I explain what she has to do and she does ok ( She did not believe that she had to give me a two hour bed bath LOL) anyway she has a great sense of humour so she should do well.

Who walks who.
Well that went well so they are on there way and I settle down with a coffee and text Pauline to let her know all is OK. Pauline phones back, she is out on the common with Misty, and she is going up to St Mary's today about 3.15 to have the stitches removed from her Carpal tunnel op, so I tell her to let me know how it goes, and she is coming round tomorrow as I have the Sky TV people here and also the Locksmith here tomorrow morning.

Scrambled egg on Crisp Bread. "Yummy"
Well that was a very quiet and relaxing morning, I have watched a bit of TV, played a few facebook games, Caught up on the emails and done a little bit of Family History research, so as it is now 1.00 pm I will get out into the kitchen and get myself some lunch, I fancy scrambled Egg today with a couple of crisp bread, would do toast but the bread in the bread bin seems to have gone a bit stale ( Understatement of the year) so Crisp bread it will be.

Well the scrambled egg went down well with a nice cup of tea, so now to settle down to an afternoon of TV. there is a good old film on from 1956 " High Society" I just love these musical it starts at 2.05 and ends at 4.15 so that is a good afternoons viewing, after that it will be pointless at 5.15 and dinner at 6.00 so that is the rest of the day taken care of.
High Society 1956.
Well thats about as exciting as today goes but tomorrow and Wednesday should be more interesting so until tomorrow I will say Tatty Bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment