Saturday, February 25, 2012

Another Sunny Saturday.

Portsmouth Harbour 2.00 pm Today, Temp 11⁰c.

Restless night. 
Another Saturday dawns and although it is very cloudy at the moment at 6.45 am the weather forecast s foe another bright Sunny day with the temperature into double figures. It was a very broken sleep last night, kept waking every couple of hours so very restless anyway it is now 7.30 am so time for a nice coffee and then into the lounge to watch the Breakfast News on TV, As it is the weekend I have no Idea who the carer will be today or at what time they will arrive.

As usual the news is depressing, or it may be me as it is a "Methotrexate weekend" it looks like there is more problems with the Government and their Youth placement Scheme with many of the large company,s pulling out of it including "Tesco", "Waterstones", "TK Maxx" and many others. another cock up by David Cameron. Don't you just love this Government. the things they come up with to reduce the Unemployment Numbers. this latest one was unpaid work placements or lose your unemployment benefits.

Go Gordon Go.
Well it is now 9.40 and Mick the Carer has just arrived, he is in a bit of a rush, so he gets me washed and then he is off again to his next client, so I go and get some porridge for breakfast and then go and get dressed and have a shave.
Pauline phones, to see if I am ok, she and Gordon are off over to my Brothers today at Fareham to clean a carpet and a settee, as Gordon runs his own cleaning firm, Pauline asks if I want to go over with them , but I do not feel up to it today and Gervase is coming round later so that is OK.

The morning goes by quite quickly and it is soon 1.00 pm and time for lunch so I get a couple of crisp breads with some Red Leicester and Cheddar Cheese and Chive,s in a mayonnaise and that goes down well with a cup of tea. I am watching the film " Carry on Cabbie" I have seen it so many times but I still enjoy it, a classic comedy film.


Fratton Park.
At 2.15 gervase arrives, he goes round to Tesco Express to get me some milk and also a Mars bar,( which I enjoy) and then we have a nice chat about his week in Bristol, He enjoyed it up their but is glad to be back home with Leanne.
He has had t park about a 10 minute walk away as Portsmouth Football club are playing at Fratton Park today and he cannot park near here, the roads get full of parked cars by 11.30 am on Match days, still the way the football club is going they may not survive much longer, as they were back into Administration last week ( The second time in 2 years) which is a shame given the history of the club.

Well at 3.00 pm Gervase makes a move as he is going up to home base to collect something for Leanne,s mum Elaine, and then he and Leanne are going out tonight, so I hope they have a good night out. Pauline phones about 3.15 to say they are on the way home, they have just got into Portsmouth, so at least they have missed the football traffic.

Well it is now 3.45 and the film Nanny McPhee is starting at 3.50 on ITV, that is another film I have seen several times and enjoy so I am going to get a coffee and watch that so until tomorrow I will say Adios.

No comments:

Post a Comment