Sunday, February 5, 2012

The answer to the Question.

The Answer to the Question, that your all waiting to Know
Is when Frank woke up this Morning, was his house covered in snow.
I, got up very slowly, thats the natural thing to do.
And drawing back the curtains, of my window very slow
I looked into my Garden. " So where's the flaming snow"

Not a speck of snow to be seen, It has missed us completely, the temperature is about 2⁰c and although it is dull and the roads and pavements are damp, there is no snow anywhere to be seen, they have had snow over most of the UK, but it seems to have missed the south coast, there was snow in Salisbury yesterday evening and it was snowing in Brighton last night but it seems to have missed this part of the south coast. The map below shows the area south of the black line that the snow did not fall.


January 2010. Snow in Portsmouth.
So not for the first time we are spared the bad weather along the south coast of the UK. 
Now I know you will all feel disappointed that I have not got a picture of my road covered in Snow so I thought I would include a picture of how it looked in January 2010 when the snow actually fell in Portsmouth. Once this happened Portsmouth came to a virtual standstill, good job it does not happen that often.

Guy the Carer.
Now that we have got you all breathing a sigh of relief, I will now get back to the basics. ("boring", I hear you all shout). I had a decent night last night and woke about 7.15 this morning, laid in bed until 7.45 then checked the weather ( you all know the outcome of that) and then a coffee made and into the lounge ready for the Carer to come, Put on the TV News it is all about how Britain was covered in snow today " Yes right " and then at 8.30 The carer arrives. It is Guy today so we have a chat about Pompey FC, and then he gets me washed and groomed and makes his way to the next client and I get myself some Wheatabix for breakfast.

Portsmouth at 10.00 am Today.
I check the live webcam at Portsmouth Harbour, as it is very dull and cloudy outside today although the temperature is about 2⁰c and rising, I go and put the rubbish out and it is surprisingly mild but with a touch of dampness in the air but apparently the weather is going to get milder as the day goes on, still a little bit of sunshine would be nice still not to worry, spring is on the way as I have the Daffodils starting to break through in the back garden

All Togged up.
It is now 11.00 and I am just off round to Tesco Express to get some Fruit Drink and a loaf of Bread, it is a long time since I bought any bread, but I am getting bored of Crisp Bread all the time and I fancy a Sardine Sandwich for lunch so thought I would try it and see how i get on, If it is a problem to swallow then I will revert back to crisp bread but I have to try. So get all "togged up like an eskimo going to a disco on an iceberg" and make my way round to the shop and get the items I want, does not take long and soon back home in the warm, did enjoy the fresh air though.

Brighton webcam 2.00 pm Today {No Snow}
So back home and time to have a nice Hot Chocolate Complan, so get that made and on to Facebook to see who is about and also go and check my emails, Gervase phones to say they are just off down to brighton to have a look round the shops and then have a meal before going to the concert tonight, then he will be driving back home and should get home by 1.00 am. The weather should be OK and the temperature is going to be holding above freezing and also no snow here, so he will let me know when they get to brighton, it is about a 1.5 hour drive from Portsmouth and it is dual carriage way most of the way there, straight along the A27. 

Well it is now 2.00 pm, gervase text,s to say they are parked up at the venue and are of round the shops, good trip down and not a sign of any snow, so that is OK, I decide to get my Sandwich so go and make that and a cup of tea and it goes down a treat crust and all so another milestone achieved, so with a bit of luck I will try toast and Marmalade tomorrow for breakfast.
Just had a phone call from Pauline to make sure all is OK so now it is time to settle down with the laptop and get todays Journal written and posted and then settle down to some family history and a bit of Photo scanning this evening I think.

Well that is about as exciting as it gets today, now to start the family history research on the laptop and see what skeletons in cupboards i can uncover so until tomorrow I will say adios amigo,s.



No comments:

Post a Comment