Wednesday, February 8, 2012

The coldest day so far.

Its Freezing.
"Crikey it was cold last night and also today" The weather men say that last night and today is the coldest we have had this winter, How you people from places like Canada, and the USA handle the low temperatures you get I will never know, I had the heating on Low all night and got it cranked up today, roll on spring and the warmer weather.

Not a great nights sleep last night, Perhaps I should not have left the heating on over night as I think it was the dryness in the air that made me keep waking up with a dry mouth and throat, anyway I eventually dropped of to proper sleep about 2.45 and woke 6.30, so made a coffee and went back to bed to watch the news until 7.30 when I made my way into the lounge.

Lots of cloud today.
I get another coffee and take a "Wind" tablet about 8.00 and then settle with the computer until Amanda arrives at 8.30. She is feeling the cold and soon has me washed and Groomed and is then on her way to her next client, while I get myself some Porridge for breakfast. Once I have had that I go online and check the weather Forecast at the "Langstone Marina" and it is 0.4⁰c at 9.00 am and very overcast and "COLD"

It is windy today.
I text Pauline and let her know that all is ok here and that I may go and try and catch up on my sleep, but the good thing is that I do not seem to have any bad affects from the walk yesterday, and also the "Dreaded Flatulence", is seeming to recede so it looks like the " Peppermint Oil Capsules" may be starting to work.



Who is on Facebook then.
However I get the laptop loaded and check for any messages and then check facebook out to see who is about and watch a bit of TV, before getting the rubbish bins sorted ready to put out onto the Pavement tonight ready for the Refuse and Recycling collection tomorrow morning, as I will not have time to do them tomorrow.

Right it is now 12.30 and at 1.00 there is an old film on TV "How to Marry a millionaire" it is a 1953 film with "Betty Grable, Lauren Bacall and Marilyn Monroe", so I will get myself some toast and Chicken soup for lunch and snuggle down in my " Snuggie" to watch that.

Snuggie,s A Blanket with sleeve,s
That was a brilliant film, they certainly do not make films like that these days.  well I need to get this Journal done, The next film on is another "old" Film with David Niven and Kim Hunter, this film is called " A Matter of Life and Death" and was made in 1946, I am being spoiled with these old films today. This film finishes at 4.55 and then Pointless starts at 5.15 and that will be another afternoon gone by. The good thing about these "Snuggie,s" is that they have sleeves on them so you can cover yourself with the snuggie and still use the Laptop/read/write etc.

Langstone harbour Marina.
Well I enjoyed my Chicken soup and Toast for lunch and for dinner tonight I will be having Roast chicken, Mash potato, Cauliflower and Broccoli, so I will get that ready at 6.00 pm when Pointless finishes. It is still very miserable outside and the temperature is only 1⁰c so has only risen 0.5⁰c during the day, This is langstone Harbour at 3.10 pm today a very dull cold day.

A day of Relaxing with the Television.
I hope my son is enjoying his Day in London, he has had to travel all the way to london by train today for a 2 hour meeting starting at 3.00 pm, still as he said it gets him out of the office and a free lunch, so I don,t think he minds to much. well that has been a nice restful day today, and although I felt tired when I woke up I feel a lot better after a day of rest and am now looking forward to going out down the city tomorrow with Pauline to get a few bills paid and some shopping, before a couple of days feeling like crap after the Methotrexate, on friday.

Surfing the Web.
So it is now 3.25 so I will go and make a coffee and then do a bit of surfing on the internet " I do love active sport " and then I can settle with Pointless later and then an evening of "NCIS and Law and Order" on Channel 5. so until tomorrow I will say Bye Bye.


2 comments:

  1. Hi Frank, here in Manitoba we do get super low temperatures, really not so bad this winter as usual.
    We survive because we have heat vents in every room of the houe which blow hot air from a furnace. Or we have baseboard heaters in ecah room that can be individually adjusted.
    During the day our heat is set at 27C this is very high but any lower and my hands turn white and blue, we turn it down at night a bit but not below 20C.
    Our cars are heated, our buses are heated. all public buildings are heated. I visited London in March 25 years ago and I was so cold all the time, I even got chilblains, which I never get here.
    So we are really snug and warm, our heating bills are high but it is worth it.
    Snuggle up in your snuggie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, Frank, I'm from Buffalo, NY, famous for blizzards and snowfall, but we've had a fairly mild winter so far. My heating bills are lower than they have been since I moved back here from Indiana almost 5 years ago. Though we did have to have the furnace serviced this winter-- it stopped working and I was so glad to have a fireplace then!
    Peace, Mari

    ReplyDelete