Saturday, February 4, 2012

A Day Indoors.

Wakey Wakey
And another Saturday is upon us, got a better nights sleep last night and my tummy is starting to settle down a bit now, went to bed at about 10.30 last night and apart from waking at 3.00 am this morning to use the bathroom slept through until 7.30. so feeling refreshed and nice to see the Sun coming through the window, although it is still very cold outside, temperature is -3.2⁰c, so not going far today.

Portsmouth at 8.00 am today.
Not Knowing what time the carer will be here today, I decide to make a coffee and go into the lounge, so make sure I turn on the heating and then make the coffee and put on the TV, the room is chilly 14⁰c still it will soon warm up, the news is not very exciting today.
Pauline phones to say that she hopes all is ok, She got up at 7.00 had coffee and toast and is back to bed for a lie in, don't blame her. it is 8.00 and I check the live webcam at Portsmouth harbour which shows a nice sunny day.

Mel the Carer.
Well this is a surprise it is 8.30 and the carer is at the door, It is Mel today, I have not seen her for a few weeks so we have a nice chat and she gets me washed and groomed ready for the day ahead and then she is on her way, I go and get some porridge made for breakfast and then settle down with the laptop to check my e-mails and also to see who is up and about on Facebook.

Off To brighton.
At 10.00 my son Gervase phones to see if I am ok, and if it is Ok for him to come round about 11.00 am to see me today, as if the weather is Ok he and Leanne are going down to Brighton tomorrow afternoon as they are going to a concert in the evening and then driving home afterwards, So hopefully the snow and ice that the met office predict will not materialize this far South, otherwise they will not be going.

Copnor Railway Bridge Yesterday Evening.
Gervase arrives at 11.15 and stay,s for about an hour, he goes round to Tesco Express to get my Milk and a couple of ready meals as he does not want me going out in this cold weather, so that was good of him, we were talking about the problem he had with the trains last night getting home from work. There was a gas leak at a building site in Portsmouth near the Railway line at Copnor Bridge, The Emergency services closed the Railway line down  and there were no trains running into Portsmouth from Havant after 5.00. Gervase was stuck on a train at Petersfield from about 6.00 until 8.00 and then had to get a train from Havant to cosham, and then a Taxi home. he did not get in until after 9.00 pm, all the commuters from London and from brighton were all affected and there was very little information available to them from Railway staff at the stations.

Gervase makes his way home at about 12.20 and I go and get some chicken soup with a couple of crisp bread for lunch. and then go for a lie down for an hour at 1.00.
Portsmouth at 2.25 pm this afternoon.
At 2.10 I get up and go back into the lounge with a coffee and get the laptop up and running, the weather is getting very dull and miserable, lots of grey clouds forming so it looks like there is a possibility of Snow later this evening, the weather men say from 6.00 pm.
I check the temperature from the live weather site at Langston harbour Marina and it is now 2.8⁰c so the temperature is climbing


Sausage and Mash " Loverly"
Well the time is now 3.25 and it has been a very quiet and uneventful day, I have enjoyed just sitting around with the laptop on facebook and seeing Gervase for an hour or so, it has been a very relaxing day, I got a bit of Family History research done and also sent an email to my local MP with regards to Rare Disease day on the 29th of February. I enjoyed lunch and have just had some Peaches and Custard and then at 6.00 I will have a nice Morrisons " Sausage and Mash" for dinner.

So that is it for today, the only down point for today is that tonight on BBC1 at 9.30 is the last episode of series two of "Mrs Browns Boys" This is a shame as I do like that series, the up side is that they are filming series three for later in the year.

So from a very cold but so far "Snow Free" Portsmouth I will say goodbye until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment