Monday, February 6, 2012

A day to Remember.


On February 6, 1952, King George VI died in his 
sleep at Sandringham aged 56. Princess Elizabeth 
was informed of her father’s death while on 
holiday at the Royal hunting lodge in Kenya,
 taking the throne at 25 years old 
At noon today the Royal navy fired a 21 Gun
Salute at Fort Blockhouse at the Entrance to
Portsmouth Harbour.

21 Gun Salute at Noon today at Fort Blockhouse. Gosport.
On a note nearer home the other thing to remember about today is that after almost a year on a puree diet and almost two months since going on a Soft Lumps Diet, I eventually had "Toast and Marmalade" for Breakfast, it is the first time the Toaster has been used for over a Year, I think it was pleased to see the daylight. "Dysphagia, Kiss my Butt".

Fratton Railway Station.
And so another day starts, the weather is much the same as yesterday it is very grey and damp, and that is how it is going to stay all day I am afraid, so apart , from having to go round to the Tesco Express, later today I will be staying indoors in the warm. I have had a phone call from my Son to say that he is working from home today, as there is a train broken down at Fratton Railway station, and there are no Trains running in or out of Portsmouth, this morning so that is causing Chaos, It is one of the problems with living on an Island there is only one Railway line into and off of the Island.


Motorway Tailbacks today.
Pauline phones to say that all is OK and she is about take Misty out for her morning walk on the common, and also to say that Gordon has phoned to say that the Motorway into Portsmouth is at a standstill and traffic is not moving, Apparently there has been a "Oil spillage" and one lane is closed. this is causing huge tailbacks, so absolute Chaos in Portsmouth this morning. So glad I 
am here indoors all snug and warm.

Its Happy Amanda.
So a lot of excitement here on the south coast today, anyway went to bed about midnight last night and slept through until 7.15 this morning so a good nights sleep. Got up about 7.45 and went and made " Coffee and Toast " and then into the lounge to watch the morning News on TV ( depressing) and to await the arrival of Amanda the carer. Amanda arrives at 8.50 and as usual if her happy bubbly self and soon has me washed and groomed and is then on her way, so now for some porridge and then get on the laptop and check e-mails and Facebook. 

Time for TV.
So I have checked the e-mails and facebook and have looked at the weather forecast, it is going to be dull and dismal all day today but they are expecting the temperature to rise to a balmy 5⁰c " A virtual heat wave " However it is getting on for 11.00 am so I need to get round to Tesco Express and get some sugar and something for dinner for tonight, I get a nice chicken pie, so I can have that with plenty of gravy and also with Mash Potato, and some Cauliflower and Broccoli. so back home now and settle down with the TV until 1.00 pm when it will be time to get some lunch.

I get a Sardine Sandwich again today for lunch as I had some left over from yesterday, I also have some peaches and Custard and 3 shortbread biscuits with a cup of tea, I enjoyed that and now for an hour on the family history before I start to get this Journal finished and Posted on to my blog.

There is a new series of programs starting on BBC 2 Tonight at 6.30 called Britain,s Heritage Heroes which looks at British crafts from Years gone by, so that should be 
interesting as there will be a lot of information relative to the family Historian. 

So not a very exciting day today so I will get this journal posted and then settle back down with the TV ready for Pointless at 5.15 so until tomorrow and the new morrison,s again I will say Bye Bye.
  



2 comments:

  1. Not exciting? I bet the toaster thought it was!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you may be right about that Chris, I caught the Toaster calling the blender names because I don't have to puree my food anymore.

    ReplyDelete