Tuesday, February 7, 2012

A Dickens of a Day.

Charles Dickens birth place Stock Photo
Here we are again and there is so much happening in Portsmouth today that it is great that the weather is dry and the Sunshine has made an appearance. for today is the 200th Anniversary of the birth of Charles Dickens.
Charles Dickens was born on the 7th February 1812 at Landport Terrace, Portsmouth, Hampshire. UK.

The House is now the Charles Dickens Museum, and there will be events held here and around Portsmouth throughout the day.

Charles Dickens Father worked in the Royal Navy pay office at Portsmouth until 1815 when they left Portsmouth.

St Mary's Church. Stock Photo
Charles Dickens was Christened at St Mary's Church on the 4th March 1812. St Mary's Church was the Parish church of Portsea. The church is still in the Same place today and is situated in what is now known as Fratton.

Because of the amount of events taking place around Portsmouth today Pauline and I have decided that we will leave the shopping until Thursday, and as I have a prescription to get from the Doctors, that we would take the wheelchair  and have a walk out in the sun to get the Prescription and do a little bit of shopping at Tesco Express on the way back.

It was another good night, last night, woke up this Morning and must phone the doctor to see if there is anything I can do about my excess "Wind", It seems as though my Digestive system is having some problems getting to grips with the changeover from the Puree diet to solids, Have spoken to the doctors last week, so see if they have anything that will help,  It is a lot better now than it was last Thursday/Friday( see those two days Journals) anyway phoned the doctor and they are going to give me a prescription for " Apercap"  which is a 0.2 ml Gastro-Resistant capsule (Peppermint oil), so hopefully that will help as it is so uncomfortable. "How exciting can life get"

on your Bike Amanda.
Well Amanda arrives at 8.40, full of the joys of spring as she is going to a fancy dress party at the weekend, and is excited trying to work out what kind of costume to wear, anyway it does not take her long to get me washed and groomed ready for the day ahead, and then she is back on her Bike and off to her next client while I go and get some Wheatabix for breakfast and the text pauline to let her know all is OK Here.

I can dress myself.
Pauline Phones to see what I want to do today, I tell her that I am waiting for a Phone call from the Doctor, and so I will phone her when I have heard from the Doctor. while I am waiting, I log on to the internet and check E-Mails and Facebook and at 10.30 the doctor phones back we have a chat and she said that she will put the prescription for the "Apercap" at the reception desk by 11.00. That is Ok so I phone Pauline and she will be round about 11.00 and then we can sort out what we are going to do Today, So while waiting for Pauline I get shaved and dressed so I am ready for when Pauline gets here.

Pauline arrives at about 11.10, She has brought my clean Laundry with her, so we get that put away and I make a coffee, and then we decide to leave the big shop this week until Thursday, so we will take the wheelchair and have a walk down to the Eastney Health Centre to pick up the prescription.
Eastney Health Centre.
I decide to walk pushing the wheel chair for a while and see how I do, so off we go. It is nice out in the sunshine and we walk down Hazelmere road to Highlands road, and then along to the Eastney Health Centre.

Well I am very pleased with myself today I have walked all the way Pushing the wheel chair, it has taken about 30 minutes and I am just starting to feel the pain in the right Thigh and Knee, so I think that will do for the day, While we are out I say to Pauline that I need a Name sign for my house. I am going to call it " Chicago" Why Chicago Pauline asks, well I say with me at the moment it is like living in a "Windy City"
Devonshire Avenue Baptist Church.
Well we get the Prescription and now of to get it filled at The local Pharmacy and then on to the Tesco Express, I am being pushed in the wheelchair as that was enough walking for me today but it felt good, we walk back down Prince Albert Road and Along Devonshire Avenue to the Junction with Winter Road, by the Baptist Church.
We go into Rowans,s Pharmacy and get the capsules and then walk around to the Tesco Express to get a few bits and Pieces and then home and back indoors.
I enjoyed that today, the walk was good and the fresh air and blue skies were nice but now it is time to get some lunch and a coffee for me and Pauline and then an afternoon of rest. Pauline had bought herself some "Chocolate Croissant,s" for her lunch and I have a cream cheese sandwich and a packet of crisps. so that was enjoyable, once we have finished I phone a Taxi for Pauline and then she makes her way home.
Outside Dickens Birthplace today.
It is now 2.00 pm so I make another coffee, Watch "Doctors" on TV, and then settle down to write todays Journal, once I have todays Journal finished and posted I will think about getting dinner ready for 6.00 pm this evening I am having roast chicken and 4 veg tonight.
Well there we go then Folks, another eventful day in Portsmouth, so until tomorrow I will say Tatty Bye.





No comments:

Post a Comment