Tuesday, February 28, 2012

A dull and Dreary Tuesday.

Portsmouth 10.00 am Today, Dull, Dreary, Cloudy.
Well here we are on Tuesday and only one more day left after today and we will be in to March, so to get us in the mood here is a jolly little poem for you all.


March wind is a jolly fellow.
He likes to joke and play.
He turns umbrellas, inside out
And blows mens hats away.

He calls the Pussy Willow,s.
And whispers in each ear.
"Wake up you lazy little seeds".
Don't you know that spring is here.

Well there is a bright little ditty to bring that sense of "spring is in the air" feeling to us all.

And now back to reality, I had a decent sleep last night and woke this morning about 7.00 am, lazed in bed until 7.30 when the alarm clock went of and then up and into the lounge with the obligatory coffee. 
It is going to be a busy day today, the carer will be here about 9.30, I also have the locksmith coming today ( possibly this morning) and Sky TV engineers this afternoon between 1.00 and 6.00. also Pauline will be coming in to see me.

It is a very Dull and dismal day today (not spring like at all) You can see by the Picture at the top of this page how dull it is here today, although at 10.00 the temperature was 10⁰c so very mild. as I said previously the carer was here at 9.25 so she gets me washed and groomed and then she is on her way, I get dressed and then get some Wheatabix for Breakfast, and then settle down with the laptop and the TV.


I have missed the 2nd program about the NHS so will have to catch up with that later with the BBC i Player, anyway it is very quiet here today it is nearly 11.00 and no sign of the locksmith and the Royal Mail Postman has just delivered the biggest load of Junk mail yet, he has just put 18 items through my letter box, not one was addressed to me it was either leaflets or letters addressed to "The Occupier", no wonder my recycling bin is getting full up quicker these days, perhaps I should return all the items back to the senders in new Envelopes with no postage paid on them.

At 11.10 the Locksmith arrives. he is a pleasant chap and he is pleased to see me up and about, anyway he removes the temporary lock and goes to fit the proper multi bolt lock and lo and behold he discovers that the wrong part has been ordered, oh well no need to panic, he will have to re-order the correct part so he refits the temporary lock back on and then has a coffee. he is very apologetic, I say that it is not a big problem, the property is secure so another week will not make any difference to me, and it won't cost me any more. I refuse to get stressed out about it and he goes on his way and I go and make a coffee and settle down to await Pauline and the Sky TV Engineer.

Pauline and Frank Chatting.
Well Pauline arrives at 12.10, all bright eyed and bushy tailed, and we take the wheel chair and I push it and we go round to Tesco Express and get a few pieces of shopping for diner tonight. then we go back home, that went OK, so I now make some coffee and then get some scrambled egg on toast for lunch. we then settle down for a chat and await the Sky TV People.

The Chap arrives at 1.45 to fit the BT Telephone line and socket, I thought it was sky coming today but they must be coming tomorrow to install the system anyway he is a miserable sod, does not have a charged battery for his drill, using my electricity to charge his battery, (will be sending bill to BT tomorrow),  anyway he is getting on with the job at the pace of a "Tortoise with a problem", so hopefully the job will be finished by midnight, Pauline keeps telling me to "Shush" but you know me, you have to tell it as it is, any way once it is done I will be able to have a reliable phone system.

well it is now 3.30 and the phone and broadband should be up and running by 4.30,  Pauline has made her way home and I will have to get Gervase in to set up the broadband Router on his way home from work, and then once the Sky box and dish are installed tomorrow we can get rid of Virgin Media. so all in all an up and down day.
So now for a nice coffee and a relaxing Evening in front of the TV, so until tomorrow and the Sky TV I will say adios and have a good Day/Evening/Night where ever you are on the globe.





1 comment:

  1. Yes that is a dismal picture, well between the wrong part and a miserable sod, not the best of days, but not the worst either. I can't believe the pile of junk mail. I love to fill in shopping surveys because we shop mostly no name second hand or marked down, they rpomised me a cash reward and my cheque for $1.00 arrived today, the postage must have cost roughly the same.
    What to spend it on now?
    Loved your spring ditty.

    ReplyDelete