Friday, February 24, 2012

Freaky Friday comes and Goes.

Wash my feet.

I went to bed at half past ten, and woke at half past three:
I took my Methotrexate, then went and had a wee:
My eyes were very misty, and I dribbled on my feet:
so I had to go and wash them, and then went back to sleep.



Morning coffee
Well it is Freaky friday again, as you can see I took my Methotrexate early today and then went back to sleep and woke again at 6.45, It is going to be a day of rest today, as I always feel very yucky on methotrexate day, however hopefully this week end will be stress free as opposed to last weekend, at least I have now got some Diazepam, just in case but do not really want to use them if I can help it.
However it was a pretty good nights sleep So I have a bit of a lay in listening to the radio until 7.45 and then go ad get a coffee and then in to the lounge to wait for Amanda my carer to arrive.

Amanda on Holiday
Once in the lounge I settle down to watch the TV. I had a text from my sister to say that they would be coming down this morning about 9.15 to 9.30 to go and get the package from the post office for me so that is OK, however the morning breakfast news is all about the Banks huge losses last year, and then at 8.45 Amanda arrives. She is glad it is the end of the week and she is on holiday next week, so she is looking forward to that, I do not know where she is going but it is somewhere in the Sunshine, anyway she gets me washed and groomed and then is on her way.

Sky wifi Router.
Once Amanda has left I get myself dressed, and then get the laptop up and running and check out e-mails and facebook and at 9.35 my sister Eileen and Chris arrive. I give them the Post office card plus proof of my identity and off they go to the Central Post office. They are back by 10.15 and the package is the Sky Internet router which is being installed on Tuesday, why it was sent by royal mail and the engineer does not bring it with them is a mystery to me. anyway they make a move and I settle down to watch the TV.

Langstone Harbour Marina today at 10.50
The morning has gone by quite quickly and the weather today although not as Sunny as yesterday, is still very mild for the time of the year, the weather station at Langstone harbour Marina at Eastney in Portsmouth is recording a temperature of 10.4⁰c at 10.50 this morning and the screen shot from their live webcam at 10.50 shows what a pleasant day it is here on the South Coast today.

I have had a couple of text messages from Leanne to check I am OK and just after 12.00 pm Gervase sent a text to say that he is just about to complete his course in Bristol and will be leaving to come back to Portsmouth Shortly, and that he will come in and see me on the way home. At 1.00 I decide to get some lunch and have some Egg Mayonnaise  with a couple of crisp bread and a nice cup of tea, and just as I finish there is a knock on the door and low and behold we have a "doorstep salesman" here. He is trying to sell double glazing to me while standing next to a fully double glazed bay window and at a fully double glazed front door.
3 for price of 6 'Bargain"
 I enquire as to if he has had his eyes tested lately and give him a leaflet for spec savers, he is not swayed and continues with his sales patter, it is only when I try to sell him some of my hand made greeting cards that he decides that he is getting nowhere fast and decides to try his luck further down the road,  totally ignoring the fact that I have offered him the deal of the century, "I offered him a money saving deal of 3 for the price of 6," no idea why he got all agitated.

Well that is todays excitement out of the way so now to settle back down with the laptop and the TV and see what the rest of the afternoon has in store.
Pauline and misty arrive about 3.30 for a quick visit, they have walked from Pauline,s flat, Gordon arrives about 3.50 and has a coffee, and then gervase arrives about 4.00 pm, he has just got back from Bristol, so a full house at the moment, anyway Gordon and pauline leave about 4.30 and gervase makes a move at 5.15 so that was a nice afternoon, so now to get dinner and then a nice quiet evening of TV so until tomorrow I will say Tatty Bye.   

2 comments:

  1. Frank you are just adorable, I love the hand made cards and the special deal, I am getting a lot of phone call people trying to sell me things, I'll have to come up with something ,maybe a motivational book on success in sales?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I Know, I am "lovely" lol. Seriously Before all this Myositis kicked off I used to run a successful online retail store selling Craft supplies and home made cards, since the Dermatomyositis kicked in this is no longer feasible at the moment but hoping that maybe in the future I can get back to card making as I do enjoy it. The door to door salesman and cold callers really P@@s me off, if I want something I will find a supplier and buy it, still I always try to have a bit of fun with them.

    ReplyDelete