Friday, February 10, 2012

Friday going downhill fast.

Should have stayed in Bed.
Well if I knew when I woke this morning what I know now, i would have stayed in bed, What started out as a normal freaky Methotrexate Friday has turned into a proper farce, you just could not make up some of this stuff if you tried, so today I am going to go off topic and concentrate on what has got me up in arms of today

It all started at 6.00 am when I woke up, I had just had a decent nights sleep last night and decided that I would take my Methotrexate now and then that would be over and done with, So took the Tablets, made a coffee and them watched a bit of the TV News until 7.30 when I got up and put on the heating and went into the lounge. "So Far so Good".
No Hot Water.
Amanda Arrived today at 8.50 and is her normal bubbly self and so we go into the washroom for a wash and this is where it starts to go Wrong, we cannot get any hot water,  the heating seems to be working ok, but the hot water seems to have disappeared, the water is flowing but it is cold and the boiler is making "Clicking Noises"

So we have to boil a Kettle, and then I get washed and groomed, and then Amanda is on her way and I phone Southern Electric as I have a service cover plan on my Boiler. I speak to a very helpful chap who said it sounds like the "Actuater switch is Malfunctioning" its all Gobbly gook to me anyway he gave me a ref Number and his Name and Extension and said someone would contact me within two hours.
Excellent Service from Southern Electric.
Within the hour a nice lady phones me back and says they can schedule a visit from an engineer tomorrow between 8.00 and 5.30, I ask if it can be between 9.30 and 5.30 as my carer comes between 8.00 and 9.00 to wash me, on hearing that she said "in that case we will get an engineer out to you tonight just after 8.00 pm as you are classed as a priority case". Now that was excellent service, as I would have been happy to wait until tomorrow

Gervase.
So I phone Pauline and let her Know, and she can tell I am starting to get myself worked up over this, Since I have been on all these Med,s and dealing with DM I find it very difficult to deal with these problems, that a couple of years ago I would have taken in my stride.  I phone Gervase and he is going to come round here to see me tonight so that he will be here when the Engineer arrives, so that makes me happier.

A Happy TV with a home.
And then I hear on the news about the idea that one of David Cameron,s aids in the coalition government David Halpen, Suggested that "Elderly people who did not move to smaller homes were contributing to the shortage of housing in England". What planet is this coalition government on, He also pointed out that we have more televisions in Houses than people. well at least that means that Televisions will not draw state benefits for social housing.
My Answer to the Coalition.
One of the other ideas that they have come out with is that he said pensioners "should go back to work, as it is now known that Pensioners are lonely and Isolated, and that means there is more chance of your life expectancy being decreased than if you smoked". At this point I just gave up, with all this stupidity being put out by David Cameron and his Party while he is enjoying himself over in Sweden, no doubt paid for by the Taxpayer. I knew I should not have got out of bed this Morning.

Pauline and Gordon.
Had a nice surprise this Afternoon, Pauline turned up at 1.40, Gordon was taking his car for pre MOT so he dropped Pauline off, as she was worried about me, and then Gordon Came in for a coffee after the MOT at about, 2.45. His car needs a couple of minor things done for the MOT, but nothing major, anyway he has a coffee and then they are on there way.
So there we go, that was my day, Not a good day by any stretch of the imagination, but not what I wanted on Methotrexate Friday, still that is about all I can say about today, hopefully the boiler can be sorted this evening and that tomorrow will be a better day, so until then, I will apologize if I have depressed you, hopefully tomorrows Journal will be back to its normal Rubbish. so until then I will say Bye,Bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment