Friday, February 3, 2012

Good Days, Bad Days, and Fridays.

All Bunged Up.
And so we embark on another Friday, of Methotrexate, Prednisolone, Vitamins and >>>>>>>>>>>>>>!!!! Laxatives !!!!!. Yes folks the dreaded Constipation returns with a vengeance, don't you just love it when that happens, Just as you think that things were starting to get a little bit back towards normality, You are off the puree diet, you stop taking the Lactulose and start eating more solid food, so your body says " Stuff You, life is getting to easy" and gives you a wake up call. so phoned the doctor yesterday evening and am back onto the Laxido in the Evening and the Lactulose in the morning, for a couple of days to get it sorted.

Well there we are, that is the important News over so now on to the boring stuff. Again I woke this morning to another very cold but sunny day, Woke at  6.00 am and decided that I needed to get the heating on and get the house warmed up, so get a coffee and a wheatabix and take them back to bed to snuggle down and watch the news . feel very uncomfortable around the tummy area and lots of Reflux, so hopefully it will settle in a day or two, it is certainly better than it felt Yesterday. 

Portsmouth at 8.35 Today.
Well it is now 8.00 am and time to make a move into the lounge ready for the arrival of Amanda the carer. the weather is very Sunny with blue skies but very cold. The temperature outside is -2.2⁰c with a wind chill factor of -5.5⁰c. so I check the live webcam at Portsmouth harbour and it shows how bright the day is, although I don,t expect the temperature to rise much above Zero Degrees Celsius today. I have included the Photo of Portsmouth harbour taken at 8.35 am this morning.

On to the Laptop.
Amanda arrives at 9.00 am today, she is running late and very cold, I Don,t think I would want to be out cycling in this cold weather from 7.00 am in the morning, you have got to admire her dedication. anyway It does not take her long to get me washed and groomed and ready for the day and then she is on her way, and I make another coffee and settle down to watch the TV and go online to check Facebook and my Emails. also at 9.30 phone the doctors surgery to ask to speak to a doctor, so I get put on the list for the doctor to phone me back this morning before 12.00.

Is it frozen.
Well the Doctor phones back and is convinced that it is just a case of me coming of the Lactulose when I came off the Puree diet so he said to carry on with what the doctor told me yesterday evening and that we will look at it again on Monday if it has not got itself sorted, anyway it is a lot more comfortable today than yesterday so hopefully we will be back on track Monday. But what I need to know  " Is it constipation or am I Frozen up inside with this cold weather".

So Many clothes.
Now I need to get round to Tesco Express and get some milk and fruit juice and then get back indoors in the warm, so get all kitted up and off I go. It is nice to be out in the fresh air but it is still very cold, the Temperature is 1.5⁰c, but the wind is still very bitter anyway get what I want and am soon back in doors in the warm. It is nice to get indoors and get all these layers of clothes off, You wear so much when going out in the cold I have a job to move around.

Cat Nap.
Anyway it is now 1.00 so time to get a spot of lunch, I am having 2 crispbread with egg mayonnaise today plus a couple of Mr kipling slices and a Banana, that went down very nicely with a hot cup of tea so now it is time to go and have a cat nap for an hour or so to try and sleep of some of the affects of the Methotrexate.

That was a nice lie down for an hour and now it is 3.00 O'clock so time to get this Journal finished for today and then get settled down with the TV ready for Pointless at 5.15 and then as usual dinner at 6.30 ready for the evening snuggled up with the laptop and the TV. Weather forecast predicts a slight chance of snow in our region over night and also overnight on Saturday, but the chances are low, the good news is it is going to start getting warmer from Sunday !!!!! Yipeeeeeeee !!!!!!!!!
Law and Order UK 2012
The evening viewing on TV is not to bad tonight, have the soaps on from 7.00 until 9.00 and then it is "Law and Order UK" until 10.00 when we have the news until 10.30 and then bed.

So with that bit of information I will say Bye Bye until tomorrow.





1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear someone else is involved in the Battle of the Bowels, I have to eat a bowl of super high fibre cereal and soy milk, every morning, I actually enjoy it so not a bad problem. Also try to drink lots of liquid, but it seems to have more effect on number of visits to the bathroom just to Pee!

    ReplyDelete