Sunday, February 26, 2012

Is Spring Around the Corner ?

What a really lovely day to wake up to, had a nice sleep last night, in bed by 10.15 and apart from a "Bathroom Break" at 3.00 am I slept through until 6.45 so a nice day ahead I hope, So far this weekend it has been very un-eventful, so hoping it stays that way, the yucky Methotrexate feeling is starting to diminish although the breathing is a bit "Tight" and I still have that "Foggy" feeling but apart from that I am as "Fit as a Fiddle"

the Sun is really bright today and the sky is Blue, although it is still in February I am wondering if we have an early spring just around the corner.
I have checked the Langstone harbour Marina weather chart and it is showing a temperature of 4.8⁰c at 8.20 and I have taken a screen shot of the portsmouth Harbour live webcam showing Portsmouth at 8.20 this morning.
Portsmouth at 8.20 Today and a temperature of 4.8 c
However I have a lie in until 7.45 and then make my way "With A Coffee" to the lounge and watch the news on TV, also get online and check e-mails and facebook and then get some Wheatabix for Breakfast, once that is over I can settle down and wait for the carer to come.

The Carer arrives at 9.15, it is Mick again today, he apologizes for rushing off yesterday morning but they had a carer phone in sick and they landed him with three extra clients yesterday, anyway we have a good old natter and he gets me washed and groomed and then he is on his way to his next client, I get another coffee, and now for the Sunday TV, there is the "Big Question" on at 10.00 this is a current affairs  program with a live audience and is normally quite interesting, and at 11.00 it is country track,s another program I like, This week it is about the Peak District.
Ben Fogle, Country Tracks from the Peak District BBC1 11.00 am Today.
I want a wee.
At about 10.10 I have a phone call from Gervase, he is coming round to see me later, and hopefully he will take me out in the car for half an hour to get a bit of fresh air and, and then at 10.20 I get a phone call from Pauline, I had not sent her a text and she has phoned to make sure all is OK. her and gordon have not been up long, so I ask if "Misty", "has been taken out for her morning walk", to which the answer is "no" so I say that I will have to report them to the RSPCA for cruelty to Misty, lol, I think she must be walking around with her back legs crossed. I think I will have to suggest to Pauline and Gordon that they train Misty to use the toilet.

Chicken Soup.
Well the morning has gone by very quickly and it is time to get some lunch at 1.00  I decide today to have some chicken soup with a couple of Crisp bread, and also a yoghurt, It went down very well and I now settle down to watch a couple of programs on TV and to play a few games on Facebook. I have a phone call from Gervase to say he is on his way round, he is going to Lidl first and then will be with me so that will be nice.

Gervase arrives about 1.45 and we decide to take a drive down to Baffins Pond, It is not far from here and I have not been there for a few years, When I had my "Driving School" in Portsmouth I used to stop there for lunch, it was nice to sit and watch the ducks and eat my Fish and Chips, anyway I grab the Camera and of we go in the car, there is a lot of traffic around today so it takes about 20 minuets to drive there, when we get there we decide to walk around the Pond and get some Photographs.
Baffins Pond (1)

There are a few families out and about today, all come down with the children to feed the variety of Ducks, Geese and pigeons that are around, we have a slow walk around and I take some Photograph,s, it is the first time I have been out and about since I had my turn 2 weeks ago at Gunwharf, so feeling a bit strange but Gervase is here so that makes me feel easier.
Gervase at Baffins Pond.

There are a few benches around so we sit and take in the view and watch the ducks on the pond, although it is a nice sunny day there is still a nip in the air, so after about 30 minutes we make our way back to the car and head home. Back indoors I make a nice hot coffee and gervase goes round to Tesco and gets me some Milk, Eggs and a Mars Bar. and then he heads back home to Leanne and I settle down to get the Daily Journal done.
Baffins Pond (2)

Well I enjoyed the trip out but certainly not as confident about going out on my own as I was  two weeks ago, just need to build that confidence back up, anyway a good day today and tomorrow and Tuesday are going to be busy as I am having Sky TV, Broadband and Phone fitted so may be off line for a day or two but hopefully not. anyway until tomorrow I will say Adios Amigo,s.

No comments:

Post a Comment