Saturday, February 18, 2012

It seems to happen at weekends

Relaxing with the TV.
Well What another ridiculous 17 hours, you just could not predict this if you tried. Yesterday was a stupid traumatic day for me with virgin Media and methotrexate, so it was with some relief that the evening settled down, and I signed up with Sky for one of their TV/Broadband/Phone Packages, and got a good deal, so at 10.00 pm I decided to go to bed and try and get a decent nights sleep, Well what happened next really blew that idea out of the water.

UPVC Front door.
As usual I went to check that the front door was locked, and that is when it all kicked off, I turned the knob to lock it and it turned and turned and turned, and it would not engage so I turned it anti-clockwise to open it and it Turned,and turned , and turned, and it would not unlock, this is when I started to panic, I had this feeling of being locked inside the house and not being able to get out if there was an emergency, and thinking that I could not let the carer in in the morning.

Call out Locksmith.
I Phoned Gervase and gordon in a panic and they both rushed round but could not open the door with their keys, Anyhow Gervase came round and had to climb over the back wall and come in through the rear door, once inside he tried to calm me down, but by this time I had developed breathing problems and had chest pains and was alternating hot and cold, anyway to cut a long story short him and Gordon contacted a locksmith and he was coming round, Gervase said that he could manage so gordon went back home and gervase called the emergency services. They arrived much the same time as the locksmith, but it took the locksmith from about 11.30 until about 01.15 to get the door open as it had a multi bolt lock fitted.

Ambulance Service
All the time this was going on the neighbour,s were out and the emergency services were in attendance waiting to get in to me, anyway as I said it was 01.15 by the time the door was open and the emergency services were able to get to me, by this time I was in a right state my fingers were stone cold and blue, and I was in a terrible state, they gave me oxygen and put me in the ambulance where they did an ECG and sent that through to the Hospital, who responded by saying that the heartbeat was irregular and to take me in to the Emergency Department at the QA Hospital.

Emergency Ward
Once in QA I was put in a side room and given another ECG and then transfered to the main ER department  ward where they took 4 Viles of Blood for blood test,s and also I was taken down for a chest X-Ray., I was then returned to the ER ward where I stayed until 5.00 am. While I was waiting in ER gervase came in about 3.00 am he had waited at the house where the Locksmith fitted a temporary lock to secure the house, and he is coming next week to fit the correct multi bolt lock as he has to order it. anyway as I had chest pains I have  to stay at the Hospital to have another blood test in 12 hours

Assessment Unit
Gervase makes his way home and I am then transferred to Orange Ward, which is in the Medical Assessment Unit (MAU). and once there I go through the realms of Blood pressure, Blood sugar levels, and hooked up to a heart monitor. Anyway to cut a long story short I have another blood test at 11.00 and at 1.30 I am given the all clear by the doctors who have said it was a panic attack bought on by me getting stressed out, and is not helped by the Methotrexate, so On Monday I am going to phone my GP and see if he can prescribe a mild sedative that I can take on a friday and weekend to try and counteract my getting stressed out. 

So once again another up and down day for me, getting fed up with all this at the moment, would just like some normality return to my life but the if that happened I would probably complain that I was Bored, anyway once again thank you to Gervase and Leanne and Pauline and Gordon, true family and Friends.
So that was my saturday so until a more sedate Sunday (I Hope) I will say Cheerio. 

2 comments:

  1. Holy cow Frank, your very sedate life seems to have gone completely balmy, I think my blood pressure goes up just reading about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wondered where my Blood pressure had gone, all my blood pressure tests come out as Normal.

    ReplyDelete