Thursday, February 9, 2012

Its a Shopping Thursday

Time to get up Franky.
And another Good nights sleep last night, went to bed at 10.45 and slept through until 7.15 this morning, Did not leave the heating on last night, so I think that helped, anyway time to make a coffee and then into the lounge to watch the TV News on BBC 1 while the heating starts to warm the house, although not as cold as it was yesterday. Although the temperature is only 0.5⁰c, there is no cold wind blowing today, so there is no chill factor.
Got warm gloves on.

The Raynaud's is giving me problems this morning, Fingers are very white and Cold and it is hard to grip anything, so time to heat up the wheat bags and get some warmth into the hand,s and also put Gloves on, It always seems funny wearing gloves while sitting in the lounge drinking coffee and watching TV. 

Walking the dog.
It is Now 8.40 and Amanda arrives, she is her normal happy self and is pleased that tomorrow is friday and then she is off for the weekend. It does not take her long and I am washed and groomed, and she is on her way and I text Pauline to let her know that all is OK here, Pauline phones to say she is about to take Misty out for her morning walk, and do I still want to go down town shopping today, I say yes and that I will book 
a Taxi for 11.00 am and pick her up on the way to town so that is Sorted.

Citywide Taxi,s Excellent service.
Now to get some breakfast , two slices of Toast and marmalade today with a nice cup of tea, and then on the laptop until 10.00 am before getting a shave and getting dressed and ready for the Taxi at 11.00 am, I have a few places to go to in town today, so looking forward to getting out in the fresh air, it is a good day today apart from the Raynaud's. Anyway the Taxi arrives on time at 11.00 so phone pauline to say I am on the way and off we go.


At the Bank.
We collect Pauline on the way and then head to town, where the taxi drops us off in Slindon street by the post office, Taxi driver helps Pauline out with the Wheelchair. and we make our way into the precinct. After Tuesday I decide to walk and push the wheelchair for a bit, so we make our way to the bank as I need to get some money out for the shopping today.

Debenham,s Portsmouth.
The next stop is a quick look in Curry,s Digital to check on the price of Apple mac computers and I-Pad, not thinking of buying just yet but sometime this year, I had thought about an I-Pad, but do I really need one " Probably not " anyway not the easiest store to walk around with a Wheelchair, so now off over to debenham,s to pay the account. again total chaos in there with the staff, this is a store that is certainly going downhill with customer service.

Mark,s and Spencer.
Well got the account paid and next stop will be Marks and Spencer, I fancy a couple of M&S ready meals tonight and tomorrow so off we go looking into Millets on the way as Pauline needs new Wellington boots, for when she takes Misty out on the common in wet weather, anyway once in M&S I get two meals (1) a nice Haddock in Parsley sauce with a Carrot and Swede Mashed potato and Cabbage, and (2) A nice roast pork meal with new potatoes, carrots and peas. so that will go down a treat, so Fish tonight and Pork Tomorrow.

Yummy, Yummy.
Well that is that so now over to Tesco, we decide to have lunch first, and then we can get the shopping afterwards, so make our way into the cafe and I have a Jacket Potato with Tuna Mayonnaise, and Pauline has tomato soup, we both have a nice Latte Coffee and it all goes down very well, we enjoyed that apart from the two young girls who were sat there talking at the top of there voices with both of them ignoring the screaming kids, 




Outside Tesco, waiting for the Taxi.
 So that was lunch over and now onwards with the shopping, I have not got to get much but as it is Methotrexate Tomorrow I have learnt to make things easy for the weekend, as I have ups and downs for a couple of days afterwards so I decide to get a couple of frozen meals for the freezer, to take me over the weekend so get a Birdseye Roast Lamb dinner and a Birdseye Roast chicken dinner. anyway we get what we want and then make our way outside to phone a taxi to take us home. 
  

As usual it was Market day in the precinct today, so it was quite busy, we are waiting outside one of the sandwich bars and it is not long before the Taxi arrives and we are soon back indoors. 
I go and put the kettle on and Pauline sorts out the shopping, and I need to go for a wee. Now the reason I mention this is I have now learnt a very valuable lesson, " I must not go for a wee, after going out shopping in this cold weather if my Raynaud's is active, unless I wear gloves, That was very cold to the Touch (LOL) wont be doing that again in a hurry"
So on that piece of Information I will leave you all to enjoy the rest of your day, Pauline has made her way home, and Gervase has phoned to say he will be coming in to see me on the way home from work, so now to get a hot coffee, and get ready to watch Pointless at 5.15, so until tomorrow, I will say Tatty Bye. 

No comments:

Post a Comment