Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Its A shrove Tuesday day today



Well here we are again folks Today is Shrove Tuesday "Pancake Day" and am I going to make pancakes, the answer to that is !!!! NO !!!!!. Last time I made pancakes and tossed them was many years ago when gervase was about 13 years of age, I think there are still remains of the Pancakes stuck on the kitchen ceiling, LOL. 
So had a decent sleep last night and woke just before 6.15 this morning, I must have gone off to sleep soon after getting into bed last night, as Leanne sent me a text about 10.20 and I did not here it, and only found it on my Phone this morning. " sorry Leanne ".However I go and make a coffee and then go back to bed until 8.00 when I go and get some Cereal for breakfast and then into the lounge to watch the morning Breakfast news program on BBC1. Feel a little better today, not so much of a foggy feeling, another day of rest today I think.
Amanda the carer arrives at 8.45, she said she is glad to see me almost back to my old self, I think she fancies me really LOL,  anyway she gets me washed and groomed, gets the cream on my legs and feet and then she is on her way to the next client, once she has gone I get myself dressed, as the District nurses may be in sometime today to remove the dressing where the Heart Reveal Monitor was fitted last Tuesday and to check that it is healing ok, 

I text pauline and let her Know all is OK and she phones and says that she will be down today at 1.00 and hopefully the District Nurse would have been by then and perhaps we could go out round to Tesco .
Gervase phones from bristol to see how I am he is just off to start his course today, so that is ok anyway I now settle down with a coffee, and the TV, and fire up the laptop to see who is about on Facebook. 
The Morning goes by quite fast and it is soon 12.00, no sign of the district nurses so I decide That I will get some chicken soup and crispbread for lunch, and that goes down a treat. Pauline arrives at 1.00 she has taken the sling of and replaced the bandage on her hand, but it is still very sore and she still can,t do much anyway we wait until 2.00 and the district nurses still have not arrived so Pauline goes round to Tesco to get a couple of things for me and I wait indoors just in case. Pauline gets back with the shopping and we have another coffee and then Phone for a taxi to take her back home, and I settle back down with the laptop to get todays journal written. 
Pauline.
I have phoned my Sister Eileen today, and she and Chris are going to come down tomorrow and take me to Asda at Fratton to get some shopping, they are coming down about lunchtime, as they are running "Fused glass classes" at their studio in Drayton during the morning and then will be down after they have finished.
Decima Design Studio, Drayton.

So there we go, another very quiet day, I can,t wait until I can start going out Galavanting again during the week, but it is going to be a few weeks yet before Paulines hand is strong enough to manage my wheelchair, anyway it is now 5.00 pm and still no District Nurses so will have to phone them tomorrow, so until then I will say Tatty Bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment