Thursday, February 2, 2012

The Secret is Out.

The secret is out.
The story told.
The weather here
is bleeding cold.

The secret that I was keeping from Gordon and Pauline was that I had a Cartoon Portrait  done of "Misty" the labrador as a gift for Pauline and Gordon, to say thank you for all the help they have given me since I was in hospital last May. I gave the picture to Gordon Yesterday evening when he came in while taking Pauline for her Carpal Tunnel Assessment at St Mary's and he was delighted with it as was Pauline.
This picture was produced for me on Commission by Immogen and Mike Oakley of "BongoBoo" and here it is:-

Misty the Labrador.
Had a really rubbish nights sleep last night kept waking up every couple of hours so by 6..00 I decided that it was pointless trying to sleep, so made a coffee and some Porridge and sat in bed watching TV until 7.45 when I made my way into the lounge The weather is very cold today so Glad I put the heating on at 6.00, at least it has warmed the house up a little bit. the temp outside is -1⁰c but there is a wind chill factor of -3⁰c. there is no moisture in the air so there is no frost. 

City Wide Taxi.
Amanda arrives at 8.50, and is very cold she is running late so gets on and gets me washed and groomed and then she is on her way to her next client, and I get myself a coffee and a couple of crisp breads with Marmalade and then Text Pauline. Pauline phones back and We arrange to go down town so I will book a Taxi for 10.45 and then I can collect her on the way down to Commercial Road.
So  That is Ok and it is now 9.30 so on to computer to check e-mails and Facebook and then I will need to have a shave and get dressed ready for the taxi at 10.45.

The "Music Room"
The Taxi turns up at 10.45 so the driver gets the wheelchair into the car and then we are of to pick up Pauline, and then down to Commercial Road. The Driver drops us off by the Post office in Slindon Street and then the first stop for us is "The Music Room" in Commercial Road, Gordon is learning to play Acoustic Guitar and I was telling Pauline and Gordon about the Music room in Commercial road so I am going to show Pauline where it is and we can have a look inside.

The Cascades Shopping Arcade.
After that we go into the "Cascade shopping Arcade" and walk around there on our way to Marks and Spencer where I am going to get another Pair of " Slipper Socks" to keep my feet warm "day and night", they are so cosy and Helps with the Raynaud's Phenomenon. so we go into Marks and Spencer and have a good look round and then get the lift up to the first floor mens department. This is not the easiest of stores to negotiate in a wheel chair, but we manage and I get my "New"pair of slipper socks so we then make our way back downstairs and out into the Precinct.

Market Day.
It is not getting any warmer, the sun is shining and the sky is blue but the wind is very cold. The temperature has only reached 1.3⁰c and the wind chill factor is -2.1⁰c. It is the street market day today down here but it is not as busy as usual, probably due to the weather, anyway Pauline and I decide to look into the pound shop so we make our way through the market stalls and in to the warm pound shop.


Poundland.
I have not been in here for a long time, it is one of these stores that sell items at £1.00 , you can get some bargains here but you need to be careful when buying food items as you need to check the Use by dates. however Pauline finds a few items so that is Ok and then we are out and into the cold again. the next stop is Tesco and some lunch.it is now 12.15 so feeling like some hot soup so make our way along to the big Tesco store.
I have only got to get some milk and pauline only wants a few items so we decide to have lunch first and shop after.

The soup today is cream of Mushroom and as usual it is very nice so we enjoy that and also a cup of coffee and then we decide to get the few pieces we want and then back outside to phone a taxi and then home to a nice hot coffee.
Back home we get the heating on and I make a coffee, pauline gets the shopping sorted and then she gets my washing in a bag to take home with her and as it is now 2.40 I phone for a taxi to take her home.

So Pauline has left so another coffee and then on to the computer to get todays Journal written and Posted and then at 5.15 it will be time for Pointless and dinner at 6.00, pork and veg tonight and then Round to see Gervase and Leanne for a couple of hours so that will be another day over. so until tomorrow I will say Tatty Bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment