Sunday, February 19, 2012

A Sunshine Sunday.

Excellent Sleep.
Well good morning People here we are on A Sunday morning with the sun shining through the window and a nice clear blue sky. I slept really well last night ( Making up for missing out on sleep Friday night) I went to bed at 10.10 last night and slept through until 7.45 this morning. I forgot to phone the care company yesterday when I came home from hospital so no carer this morning, so at least I can have a lie in and not worry about having to rush around for the carer, will phone them later today to re-start it for tomorrow.

Portsmouth at 9.45 Today.
It is a nice bright crisp day today so I have had a bit of a potter around the back yard, the sunshine is deceiving though as it is still very cold, however I will not be going out today, my brother pat phoned last night to say he is coming in to see me later this morning and Gervase will be round later to see me and get some shopping for me. I have captured a screen shot of portsmouth harbour from the live webcam, showing how nice the weather is. this is taken at 9.45 and the Temperature is 4.3⁰c.
I have had some porridge for breakfast and have now got a nice hot coffee and am sitting in the chair with the laptop and the TV on so having a restful day watching  the Andrew marr show on TV. I get the laptop up and running and check my e-mails and also see who is on facebook. and then look to see what films are on the TV later today. I phone Pauline to see how She and Gordon are, and then Gervase phones to see how I am, he is coming round later, Gervase and leanne went out for a Meal last night at Gunwharf, it was a late Valentines meal as I screwed up there valentine,s day last tuesday as they were worrying about me being in hospital.

Pat the Golfer.
Sitting here in the warm cosy chair and dozing there is a knock at the door and Pat has arrived. he has been playing golf this morning and has popped in to see me and collect his mobile phone, he left his phone here on Friday when he came in, so I make some coffee and we have a nice chat, he went up to the Mayflower theatre in Southampton last night to see the Musical " Dreamboats and petticoats " he said He and Marilyn really enjoyed it, he also showed me some hand warmers he uses when he plays golf, he said they are really good and are £1.50 a pair, so he is going to get me a couple of pair next time he gets his. Pat leaves at about 12.30 and so I decide to get a couple of crisp bread with cream cheese for lunch and then settle down to watch a film on Film 4 " 5 children and it "

Well the film is quite good and then Gervase arrives, it is about 1.30 so he gets the list off me to pop round to Tesco Express and get me a couple of items, so he does that and then when he comes back we have a nice chat about me phoning the doctor tomorrow and also he thinks it will be a good idea for me to get more information on the "telecare" service. while Gervase is here Pauline phones to say that they have just seen the "Halifax TV Advert" that gervase is in, as it has just been on TV. Gervase took part i the advert as he works for Lloyds bank, he has taken part in the two newest adverts singing in the choir " I Believe I can Fly" and " Walking on Sunshine" The one Pauline has seen and is already on you tube is " Walking on Sunshine"

Abbey Road Studios
You can see him better in the TV advert and in the second advert you can see him better, it is a shame he was not in the front, but as he said he enjoyed it, he had some all  expenses paid days and nights in London and also got to record the songs at the " Abbey Road Studios" and also got paid for doing it on top of his wages so it was Win Win all the way round.

Well at 2.30 gervase makes a move as he has a lot to do today to get ready to go up to Bristol Tomorrow morning, he has to catch the 6.05 Train from Portsmouth and is up there all week and comes home on Friday Afternoon,  he is going up to go on a course for work, and is being put up in a top class hotel, it is an all expenses paid trip. Leanne will miss him, but it will soon go and she has her mum and dad, down here in Portsmouth and also I am not far, and she is teaching all day so hopefully the time will pass quickly for her.

Upstairs Downstairs returns tonight at 9.30 BBC 1
So that was about my day for today, a couple of visitors which was excellent and a very restful day so now I need to get this Journal posted and think about what to have for dinner tonight, is it going to be a Spinach and Ricotta cannelloni ? or a creamy chicken and bacon bake ? and then it will be an evening of TV. Country file is on at 6.30 and the new series of " Upstairs Downstairs starts tonight at 9.30 so interspersed wit visits to Facebook it will be a restful evening as well.

I hope todays Journal has not bored you to much, so until tomorrow I will say cheerio.

No comments:

Post a Comment