Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Aisle,s be seeing you.

Up and down the Aisle,s we go, Pauline pushing the trolley and me in the Wheel chair, Oh what fun we had at Morrisons today.
Langstone Harbour Marina today at 8.15 am.
Ah Coffee.
Woke this morning at about 6.45 to the sun shining through the curtains into the room, it is a super day today, not very warm outside but Brilliant Blue skies and lovely Sunshine. Must make the most of today as the met office predict rain again for tomorrow.

It was a good nights sleep last night slept right the way through from 10.30 until 6.45, so lazed in bed until 7.30 and then made a coffee and went into the lounge to watch Breakfast TV on BBC1 I got the laptop up and running and checked the usual and then settled down to await Amanda the carer.

Amanda arrives bright and bubbly at about 8.40, and is full of the joys of spring, she is glad that the weather is nice as it is so much better cycling in the sunshine than in the rain, so it does not please her when I tell her it is expected to rain tomorrow, however she soon has me washed and Groomed and then she is on her way and I get myself some Frosties for breakfast and another coffee, and settle back down with the TV.

Citywide Taxi,s
At 9.10 I text pauline and she phones back at 9.20 and we are going to go to Morrisons today to get the shopping, so Pauline will book the taxi for 10.45 and will collect my prescription from the doctor, s and drop it in to the chemist on the way to me then we can then get the wheelchair into the taxi and head for Morrisons, so that is the plan, so I need to get shaved, dressed and ready for 11.00. so first another coffee and then get myself sorted.

At 11.10 pauline arrives with the taxi, we get the wheelchair in the back and off we go, it does not take long and we arrive at Morrisons, on the victory retail park in portsmouth, it is just on the edge of the city centre near to the continental ferry port.
Morrisons Portsmouth.

Well we get the Wheelchair out and Pauline gets a small trolley and so we make our way into Morrisons, This is only the second time we have been here since it opened, I was not over impressed the first time but have decided to give it another go. and this time we are a little bit more organised and work our way from one end to the other Aisle by Aisle. and this is far better.
The one thing that I do like about Morrisons is the "Market Street Area" where you have fresh meat, fish, vegetables, Cheese, Deli. etc this is very good and superb produce.
Morrisons Deli counter.
Fish and Chip "Yummy"
Well we eventually made it around the store, how is beyond belief, what with Pauline pushing the trolley with one good hand and me self propelling the wheel chair, I must have looked like something out of "Keystone cops Movie" anyway after that we decide that we would get some lunch before we paid for the goods and make our way home, So I have Fish, chips and Mushy peas and Pauline has a toasted tuna sandwich with chips and salad, and we both have a Latte Coffee, it goes down a treat, I can't manage to eat all of mine but it is at least 18 months since I have had Fish and Chips so did enjoy it.

Anyway we finish our meal, go and pay for the shopping and then phone a taxi to take us back home. we get back home about 2.00 and get the shopping put away, I then make a coffee and about 2,45 I phone for a taxi to take Pauline home, The Chemist delivers my Prescription while we are waiting for the Taxi. Anyway now I need to get this Journal written and posted and then go and have a lie down for an hour before getting some tea and then off down to see my son Gervase and his wife leanne this evening for an hour or so, so until tomorrow I will say Tatty Bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment