Thursday, March 1, 2012

Back shopping at Asda.

Acid Reflux. "Burp"
Well, what do you know ?. Its another Thursday and the sun is shinning and the sky is blue, I had a restless night last night, just could not settle to sleep until about 12.30 then slept through until about 6.30. so all in all not really feeling on top of the world at the moment and to top it all I have got some acid reflux also this morning, mind you I had a coffee and a couple of Biscuits before I went to bed last night so really I have only myself to blame, I should know by now that I need to stop eating and drinking coffee at least 2 hours before I go to bed otherwise this is what happens,

Its Coffee time.
However a drop of "Gaviscon" soon settles that down and I lay in bed feeling lethargic until 7.45 when I get up and make a coffee and some toast and then in to the lounge to await the arrival of the carer, I had to cancel yesterday because of the Sky Engineer, so will be interesting who turns up today, anyway Amanda will be back on Monday.

Anyway have my Toast and Coffee and feeling brighter so get the laptop up and running and check the emails and facebook and at 9.00 the carer arrives, it is another trainee with the supervisor, anyway she is a nice lady and soon gets me washed and groomed and so that is ok.
Asda Supermarket at Fratton, Portsmouth.
Well the carers have gone and it is 9.20, The phone rings and it is Pauline to ask if I want to go out and get some food shopping today, I think that is an excellent Idea, so pauline is going to book a Taxi for 11.00 and come and collect me and then we are going to go to Asda in Fratton and get a bit of Shopping.



Ready to go shopping at Asda.
So if Pauline is coming at 11.00 then I need to get myself sorted and get dressed so that I am ready to go out, I decide get dressed a bit smarter today as I am sure it will make me feel better, anyway I am fed up with walking around indoors in Joggers and casual shirts and jumpers, so that is what I do, a good shave and a collar and tie, and I feel like a new man, it is surprising what a difference getting dressed ready to go out can do to you self confidence. and I am looking forward to going out in the fresh air and sunshine.

As you can see from the Photo of that handsome chap, it is a nice bright Sunny day here today in Portsmouth, although they predict rain for Tomorrow and Saturday, so must make the most of today. anyway it is now 10.30 and I am sat with the laptop when the Postman comes with a couple of letters. The one that made me laugh was quite Ironic, it was a letter from Virgin Media to say that from the first of April they will be putting up the prices of their services, "NO" as from the 30th March I will no longer be a Virgin Media Customer. "Tough Luck Virgin" so it is a case of customer service gets worse and prices get higher.

in the wheelchair.
It is now 11.10 and Pauline arrives with the citywide Taxi, so the driver gets the wheelchair into the cab and off we go to Asda, it is only a 10 minute journey and we are there so get the wheelchair unloaded and we are ready to go shopping, Pauline can't push the wheelchair with her right hand after her carpal tunnel operation so I decide to walk with the wheelchair until I feel tired then I can sit in it and self propel, and pauline can manage a small shopping trolley so that is what we do, it works ok and we are in Asda 45 minutes and get what we want.

Once we are outside of Asda I phone Citywide for a Taxi to take us back home, the Taxi arrives after about 10 minutes and it is one of our regular drivers, he is a nice chap and says that "if he had known it was us two again he would have turned the job down" we always have a bit of banter with the regular drivers and so once we are near home I say to Pauline "that once he has got the shopping and the wheelchair out of the car we will leg it".
Thank you Pauline.
Anyway we get home and pay the taxi, "they always charge a reasonable rate" which is appreciated and we get indoors and I make a nice coffee and then we get the shopping sorted and put away, Pauline and I then have a nice steak and onion pastry for lunch and have a chat, Pauline has a tidy up for me and then I phone a taxi to take Pauline home.

So that is about it for today really, Pauline is on the way home and I have got terrible cramp in my left foot, think it got cold outside today, so change into my woolen slipper sock and massage it and that seems to sort it out now that it is getting warmer. I have a nice sea bass fillet to cook for my tea tonight with some new buttered potato and Broccoli, so I will get this Journal posted and then have a lie down for an hour. so until tomorrow I will say Cheerio.

No comments:

Post a Comment