Thursday, March 15, 2012

Its a "MIST"ery to me

Walk my way
and a thousand violins begin to play
or it might be the sound of your hello
that music I hear
I get misty
the moment you're near.




The solent with the Isle of Wight in the Distance
(Photo taken April 2010 )
And so the song goes, and today it is a relevant song for the weather here on the South Coast today. I slept well again last night, and at least woke up on time this morning to the sound of the "Fog Horns" from the shipping on the solent, What with the Naval Base, The Isle of Wight Ferries, the Cross Channel Ferries along with the Cargo ships all coming into Portsmouth Harbour, it is a very busy in the Solent.


Southsea Common at 9.30 this morning.
Photo taken by Pauline
Looking out the window it was hard to see how misty it really was as it is a very built up area where I live with road upon road of terraced houses as those of you who are regular readers would have seen by the photo,s that I have posted over the last year, anyway Pauline has Taken a Photo of the common  showing how misty it was this morning when she took misty out for her morning walk about 9.30 am.


Go Amanda Go.
Anyway it is supposed to be clearing by 11.00 this morning so that is Ok as Pauline is booking a Taxi for 11.00 to come and collect me and the wheelchair to go down to the city centre to do a bit of shopping and banking.
However it is now 9.10 and Amanda has been and got me washed an groomed ready to face the day, She is not a happy bunny this morning as it looks like she has a slow puncture in the back tyre of her bike, so I tell her to go round to the tyre centre in Goldsmith Avenue, Just round the corner from me and ask if they could possibly have a look at it for her,


Dressed and Ready to go
So Must get some Breakfast, Wheatabix and a Banana today, and then I get the Laptop fired up and do the normal E-Mail and Face book Checks, and then settle down with a coffee (Decaffeinated of course) before i go to get a shave and get dressed read for when Pauline arrives at 11.00. It looks like the sun is starting to come out as it is now 10.15 and the mist is starting to lift so looks like it is going to be a warm day today. so anyway I have had my shave and am dressed ready for when Pauline arrives, it is now 10.45 and Pauline text,s to say she is on her way.


Our happy Taxi driver
At 11.00 pauline arrives with the taxi and the wheelchair is loaded and we are off "down town". as "Petula Clark" would sing, which is more than the Taxi driver does, he was a miserable sod, not one of our regular "Cabbies" anyway it is not long before we arrive at the City Centre and we unload the wheelchair, pay the Driver , I give him a good tip to make his day "get a job you enjoy" and off we go.


BHS in the Cascades, Portsmouth
The first thing we have to do today is post the completed membership form of to the " Myositis support Group " in Southampton, once that is done we make our way to the bank to get that over and done with before going into the cascade shopping Arcade and heading for British Home stores to look for Trousers with an elasticated waist band.
We have a good look round BHS and I find a pair that looks like they may suit me, anyway I get them and I have 30 days to return if not "Suitable" so that is OK as I can try them on at home, I take the large size,? but we will see, they are in the sale at £10.00 so worth trying.


Market day in the Precinct.
We now make our way through the arcade and out into the precinct. it is a nice warm Sunny day now so we decide to have a snack today at the " Expresso Bar" in the precinct where we can sit out in the Sun. Pauline has a hot Sausage Roll and I have a Pasty, and we both have a coffee and enjoy sitting out in the fresh air with the hustle and bustle of the market going on around us. once we have finished that we then make our way to get some extra front door keys cut for the Neighbour,s and family and then into boots the chemist to get a couple of bits and pieces.


Bargain of the week "NOT"
Once we are out of Boots the Chemist the final stop is the Tesco Supermarket. This is not as busy as it usually is so I think the New 'Morrisons" opening so close with free Parking is having an effect on Tesco, anyway have not got a lot to get just a few "bits and bobs" but as we are making our way around, pauline goes to get some cat food for "Charlie" so I have a look at the price of the decaffeinated coffee as I like the "Tesco" own brand gold coffee. and see another discrepancy in the pricing. you can get a 100 gram jar for £1.50 or a 200 gram Jar for £3.39. What are these people up to perhaps math revision classes for the employees is in order. 


Well that is it now , all done and dusted so phone for the taxi to take us home. Taxi arrives and it is one of our usual drivers so that is OK,  at least he is used to my sense of humour. 
Go Pauline Go
Back home and kettle on for coffee, shopping put away, and clothes hung on rail as pauline brought my Laundry with her this morning.
Pauline does my laundry every week so I am very lucky to have such a good friend looking out for me, so a big "THANK YOU POLLY" The time has passed to quickly and it is now nearly 2.45, so phone for the Taxi to take Pauline home and settle down with a nice cup of tea to get this Journal Done and then get ready for "Pointless" at 5.15 on BBC 1. so until tomorrow and "Freaky Friday" I will say Toodle Pip



No comments:

Post a Comment