Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Naughty Wednesday Chocolate Cake.

And another day of sunshine and blue skies, they say today is going to be the warmest day yet this year so will need to make the most of it as the forecast is for the weekend to be back to normal for this time of the year The temperature here today is 17⁰C and by the weekend it is supposed to be down to about 10⁰C. a big drop.

Anyhow had a decent night,s sleep last night and woke at about 6.45 this morning and was glad it is another nice day. made a coffee and had a light breakfast of a Kellogg's Breakfast Biscuits and a Muller corner Yoghurt and then after a coffee got out of bed and made my way to the lounge to await Amanda
A Sunny March Day in Portsmouth.
Pauline with the Sniffles
True to form, Amanda arrives at 8.45 and had a good evening out for her anniversary dinner last night, However she gets me washed and groomed and is then on her way, I text Pauline and she phones back and has the Sniffles and a bit of a cough. It seems she may have picked up a bit of a chill, however she says she is ok and that her Knee is feeling better today, anyway Gordon will be home early so that is OK.

On the Laptop.
Once I have spoken to Pauline i watch a program on TV about the 1950,s How things have changed, but not always for the better, they have a lot of Archive film of England in the 1950,s that is available to view for free on the National Archive Website. anyway once that has finished at 10.00 I then go onto the laptop and check Facebook, Emails etc and then at 12.00 I decide to get an early lunch and then get ready for Leanne and Elaine to collect me for "Tea and Cake" at the 10th Hole Tea Room at the Southsea Miniature Golf Green.

I have a small piece of Salmon with butter and 2 crisp bread for lunch and then get Shaved and Dressed ready for Leanne and Elaine at 1.00 - 1.15. I am all ready and they arrive at 1.10 and Of we go, it is such a lovely day today and so nice to get out. It is only a short drive and we arrive at the 10th Hole tea room at the Southsea golf link on Eastern Parade, Southsea
The 10th Hole Tea Room.

The tea room was very busy today , we got there about 1.30. I think the sun had brought a lot of people down to the seaside today, as the common and the sea front are also very busy. Anyway what to have as the menu is very large and a good selection of Sandwiches, rolls, salads, cakes etc. Anyway Elaine decides to have a sandwich and Leanne does not have anything to eat as she is not that hungry.
Enjoying your Sandwich then Elaine.

Well I think elaine is enjoying her Sandwich, I decide to have a piece of Chocolate cake and a Decaf coffee as I had a light lunch with my Medication at 12.00 so I enjoyed that a lot.
Chocolate Cake. Yummmmmmy.

That cake was so tasty and rich but I enjoyed it, no idea how many calories but then again do I care, NO. I enjoyed is and that is all that matters as far as I am concerned. Anyway we are ther for about an hour before heading back home via the seafront.
My Daughter in Law Leanne and Me at the Tea room
Well got back home about 3.00 so that is OK, so now I need to get this Journal written and then settle down to watch pointless at 5.15, and i need to get dinner started at 5.00 so it is ready for 6.00, and then an evening of TV, and a nap in the arm Chair. so until tomorrow it is Cheerio to you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment