Monday, April 2, 2012

Its A better day today.

Its Monday Today.
It is Tablet Time.
Seeing as it is another Monday I thought  would start off with a Cheerful Cartoon to get you all Smiling (or not) as the case may be. So How did i sleep last night ? It was a good nights sleep last night, I had a nice meal of Fish in a cheese sauce with 3 vegetables but had it earlier than usual and cut down on the amount of coffee yesterday as well and had more "Fruit Tea,s" so that helped as well I think. The trouble with this disease is that it changes so much from one day/week/month to the next and also you have to deal with the side affects of the strong Medication.

My Happy Doctor 
Since I was diagnosed with a twisted stomach in November 2010 I have been on PPI Tablets and since I was diagnosed with Dermatomyositis and taking Prednisolone I have been on Lansoprazole taking 1 oro dispersable tablet a day. however since I have been of the puree diet and on a soft lumps diet I have been noticing that I have had a increase of Acid Reflux. So phoned the doctor this morning and we are going to change to 2 Tablets a day, 1 morning and 1 evening for a week and see if that makes a difference.

Anyway as I said the reflux was a lot better today due to a slight eating and Coffee alteration so I will phone my Dietician on Wednesday and see if we can work out a better diet, with foods that will be easier on the digestive system. My goodness life is never boring with Myositis, however as with any up side there is always a downside, so if the Acid reflux is getting less it looks like my "Job Prospects" have taken a hit.
"No job for me now then"
Ok so back to today then not a lot happening today, stayed in bed until 8.00 then made my way into the lounge with a coffee and put on the TV to watch the news until Amanda arrived at 8.45. she had a good weekend, her and her husband went up to the churchillian on Portsdown hill for dinner yesterday and had a good time. The Churchillian is a nice Public House and Restaurant and Me and My late wife Christine had many nice meals up there, and we used to Take gervase up there when he was young, it has great views across Portsmouth.
The Churchillian and the views over Portsmouth from Portsdown Hill.

Amanda soon has me washed and groomed for the day ahead and off she goes to her next client so now I get myself a couple of wheatabix and also a Banana for breakfast, I enjoy that so now to take the prednisolone and the folic acid and the Calci Chew D3 and then I am set for the day ahead, and then phone the doctor.

OOOOP'S
It will not be long now and the Prednisolone will be down to 7.5 mg per day and hopefully by the end of july or august will be down to 5 mg a day, well that is the plan anyway. I am also holding steady at 15 mg of Methotrexate a day but I am off the
Vitamin b Compound and the Thiamin, but still on the Strontium Ranelate for bone density. also still on the Lactulose and Laxido for Bowel Movement ( an interesting subject) "not really its a pain in the butt"

My macbook Pro.
So I text Pauline and let her know all is OK here , Pauline phones back to say that she is out on the common with Misty, the weather is fine and bright, but it is a lot colder than it has been, she still has the "sniffles" and her knee is still sore but she thinks she is getting there with them, anyway after Pauline hags up the phone I get the laptop up and running to check out the usual E-Mails and Facebook. The Tv is on so I am quite happy her just sat hear with the laptop until 12.30 when I decide to get some lunch.

Lunch today is a cream cheese Sandwich and a packet of crisps. this goes down well with a nice cup of tea, after lunch the weather is still very nice so wrap up warm and take a short stroll dow the road and back, not a great distance but I got the fresh air and a little exercise, Then it is in to the back room with the computer and sit in the sun as it is South facing and gets the sun all day long and work on a bit of Graphic Design (Cartoons) until 3.30 when I decide to get this Journal written,
So there we are my "Not so Exciting day" but a better day than yesterday and Saturday and again the weekends are alway a bit iffy as I take the Methotrexate on a Friday, so that is the way it goes anyway will now re asses the food I eat and hopefully the dietician when I phone on Wednesday will be able to help with advice as she is very good. So until tomorrow I will say Bye Bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment