Friday, April 6, 2012

Its a Good Friday.

Today is Good Friday
And here we are on The Start of the Easter weekend. Had a really good nights sleep last night slept through from 11.30 until 7.00 this morning so it looks like going to bed at 11.00 at night rather than at 10.00 is the way to go.
Woke up to the sunshine streaming through the window, it is a bright Sunny day with Blue skies but it is very cold, the temperature outside this morning at 8.15 is only 3⁰c but it is expected to rise to a maximum of 12⁰c as the day goes on.
Portsmouth at 8.15 ish this Morning
so the next thing is to get out of bed and into the Kitchen to make the coffee and then into the lounge to await the Arrival of my carer, Amanda. This is the last time I will see her as she is on holiday next week, and I had a phone call yesterday from Adult social care to say that due to Government cut backs a new Care company will be taking over this area as Portsmouth city council has cut the number of care company,s they use so the new company take over from the 16th April. To say I am not "Happy about this is an understatement."
Not Happy about changes to care company.
From 1980,s wheatabix TV Advert.
Amanda arrives as usual at about 8.40. She was not pleased about the changes being put in place by Portsmouth City Council over Adult social care, as she is now going to be unemployed, anyway she soon has me washed and groomed and then is on her way to the next client, it was sad saying good bye as she has been coming to me since May last year, anyway I now get some wheatabix for breakfast and then send a Text to pauline to let her know all is ok here.

Pauline phones to say all is Ok and that Gordon is out with Misty for the morning walk. I then take my 15 mg of Methotrexate and then settle down with a cup of tea and a couple of biscuits and check out the emails and Facebook, and catch up on some facebook games until 11.00 and then go into the back room and sort out some of the books in the Hall cupboard. I have Classic FM on the radio while I am doing that and it is very soothing listening to classical music, the sun is coming in through the back room window so that is nice.

Well the time has gone on today and it is now nearly 1.00 and that can only mean one thing "LUNCH" I have decided to have Salmon Fillet in a Mustard and Deal sauce with a couple of Crisp Bread and also a Banana and a Strawberry and Cream Yoghurt, all washed down with a nice glass of Tropical Fruit Juice. I need to take a photo of that as along with my  Brother, Sister and Niece, we are taking part in a " Photo a day for April " on facebook and todays subject is Lunch. this is great fun, and I do like photography. so here is my attempt for today.
Good Friday Lunch, and very nice it was too
Well that was Lunch over with and very nice it is to, and now for an afternoon of Movies, as the Methotrexate is starting to kick in now. I will be working on this journal while I watch the movies. there are two on this afternoon the first one started at 1.15 and is a 2007 Film Starring "Nicholas Cage and Diane Kruger" it is called "National Treasure, Book of Secrets" I have seen it before and enjoyed it then as far as I can remember.
National Treasure "Book of secrets"
The second film I am going to watch starts at 3.10 and is a Walt disney/Pixar Animated film "Cars" again I have seen bits of it but have never watched this film all the way through. made in 2006 starring owen Wilson as the voice of "Lightning McQueen" and Paul Newman as the voice of "Doc Hudson" this goes on until 5.00 pm when it will be time to think about preparing dinner. 
Lightning-McQueen from the animated Movie "Cars"

I am now going to get this Journal Posted as the body is telling me it is time to rest, It has been a good day for a Friday so until tomorrow I will say Adios.

2 comments:

  1. Donna Aldridge KemperApril 6, 2012 at 3:58 PM

    I take my Methotrexate on Friday morning also. I take 10mg. Started it in January. Has it helped you? Good blog...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I started in May 2011 on 7.5 mg on a friday, increased it to 15 mg on a friday over a period of 6 weeks during August/September 2011. It has certainly helped me to reduce down on my Prednisolone from 60 mg Daily in May to 10 mg daily at present. and I have gained a lot more movement and mobility and also I am swallowing a lot better as I did have chronic Dysphagia.

      Delete