Friday, April 27, 2012

A poetic Friday

I Remember Sally
                   What light from yonder window shine,s, said Romeo one day.
                   When he went out in Hammond road, and girls came out to play.
                   Young Sally was his favourite girl, She really was a stunner,
                   But every time that Frank got near, She went and done a runner.
                  Oh days gone by, true love it was, Frank thought that it was heaven
                  But Sally she was only Six,and Frank was only Seven.
                                                                                         
  The above is one of the greatest love poems ever written, {LOL}, Well I think I did it ok  anyway I thought I would just write it down as today is the 108th anniversary of the birth of the Anglo Irish Poet Cecil Day-Lewis.

Cecil Day-lewis 1904-1972
Wakey Wakey.
So it is another Breezy day here in Portsmouth, There is lots of dark clouds floating around this morning interspersed with blue skies and sunshine, I think this is the pattern for today, anyway just to say that I slept pretty well last night until the alarm clock woke me this Morning.



Morning coffee time.
Once awake I stayed in bed trying to ignore the fact that it was friday and that today is Methotrexate day, I hate taking that drug as it makes me feel like S**t for the weekend, but I suppose it is doing the job of getting the myositis under control as the progress these last 12 months has been good.
However at 8.00 I decide that it is no good ignoring the day so get out into the kitchen and make a coffee to take into the lounge where I watch the Breakfast news on TV until Jo the carer arrives at 8.25.
Once Jo Has me washed and groomed ready to face "Freaky Friday" I text Pauline and let her know all is Ok here, Pauline texts back to say that her and Gordon are on the way to Salisbury and will text me again later.
So now I can go and get dressed, and then get some Special K and a Banana for breakfast and take the Methotrexate and Prednisolone, and then it will be a day of doing nothing.
The Freaky friday Breakfast Yummy, Yummy, Yuck.
Once breakfast is over I settle down in the recliner with the laptop and check out my e-mails and facebook, I then watch a recorded episode of "Little house on the Prairie" before making another coffee and watching "Cash in the Attic" followed by "Bargain Hunt".

So the morning has come and gone and the weather is very changeable, and as it is now 1.00 I think it is time to get some lunch. Today I am having a small Quiche Lorraine with some Crisps and a Glass of Ribena and then will go for a lie down for an hour or so before starting the Daily Journal as it looks like we atre about to have a downpour.
Portsmouth at 1.00 pm today
( Update the clouds passed by and it did not rain)

So here we are then and it is now 2.30, I have had a lie down for an hour and feel really Yucky, still never mind it can only get better as the weekend progresses, well I had better get this journal finished and posted. I had a nice visit from my son yesterday evening, and he will phone again this evening on the way home from work. Pauline sent a text to say that she and Gordon are on the way back from Salisbury and will phone me when they get home. apart from that it has been a pretty uneventful day today, so as it is now approaching 4.00 I will get this journal posted to my blog and until tomorrow I will say goodbye and I hope you all have a..............................................

5 comments:

  1. Hi Francis,,sad poem about Sally, made me giggle!
    I wondered if you had ever considered getting a shot of Metotrexate , I seem to get far less side effects than people taking it by mouth.
    I know this adds a who will give you the shot,not sure if carers can.
    I am lucky as my husband has become quite competent at injections. Since I have had an epipen for allergies I also know I could give myself a shot in the thigh.
    I'm a tough old leather woman!
    Hugs, Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Christine
    I am aiming to be the Poet laureate for 2015 lol, I have thought about a methotrexate shot but in all honesty it is not too bad with the tablets, it is more a case of just waiting for the yucky feeling to go, it does vary between 1 day and 2 days , I don,t think carers are allowed to give the Injection, it would probably have to be a district nurse
    Frank

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your talent is wasted Frankie - never mind the family History for a while ----- write a book of poems - I will buy a copy and then 'dine' out on it for years on knowing youbefore you became '' famous '' Pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am already Famous, I am a famous pain in the but, well thats what you keep telling me. Anyway I have been toying with the idea of compiling all my Poems, verses and Cartoons from facebook and this blog into a book and selling in aid of the Myositis support group. thinking on what title I could give it.
    Frank.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a brilliant idea Frankie - you have a wonderful sense of humour and a gift for graphics so I'm sure it would be a hit Pauline

    ReplyDelete