Monday, May 28, 2012

A Cloudy start today

A Good Nights Sleep
Well, there we are then, another weekend over and done with and it was the hottest weekend this year, It is so nice to see the sun and blue skies, the drawback is that it makes breathing more difficult for me, I do not have breathing problems as such with this myositis but it just gets a bit laboured if the weather is to hot and heavy with no breeze. It was a good nights sleep last night for some reason, probably because I had restless nights on Friday and Saturday and also last night it was not quite so hot and clammy.

First coffee.
Woke at about 6.45 this morning and lazed around with the TV news on until 7.45 when I made my way into the lounge with the first coffee of the day and watched the Breakfast news on BBC1 while I was waiting for Jo the carer who came at 8.30 and soon had me washed and groomed ready for the day in front of me, and then she was on her way, I sent the text to Pauline and then Got some Breakfast "porridge today" Pauline phoned so we had a chat and then I got the laptop up and running and checked out the emails and also facebook.

So there we are the start of Monday, and Today the weather has not started off as sunny and warm as it has the last few days, There is more cloud around this morning being blown inland from the sea.
The clouds are forming this morning
Where is my
Prednisolone ?
You can see how the clouds are forming by the photograph I took from my back yard this morning, but as the day progressed the sun and blue skies returned interspersed with the "White Fluffy Clouds".
Today is a day of rest as it is the day I start the next phase of tapering my Prednisolone. so that will be interesting to see how that goes. I had to phone the GP this morning to get him to write a prescription for some 1 mg Prednisolone Tablets so that will be collected tomorrow, as from today I will be on 2 mg/15 mg Prednisolone on alternative days for 1 month and then on 0 mg/15 mg Prednisolone on alternative days for 3 months until my next appointment with the Neurologist.

Well I have just been to check on how the Olympic Torch Relay is Progressing through wales and today it is day number 10 and the route is from Aberystwyth to Bangor. the Photograph below shows the Olympic torch in Aberystwyth, Ceredigion.
Aberystwyth Ceredigion
So the Torch is well on its way now, and it is going on another train journey today on the Famous Ffestiniog Railway from Blaenau Ffestiniog to Porthmadog.
Ffestiniog Railway
So the Olympic torch is heading in the right direction and also on schedule and still drawing in huge crowds as it makes it,s way through Wales. But of course it is not the only event taking place in England , yesterday was a busy day for the Armed forces, in Gosport at the Falklands Garden there was a Falklands War Commemoration  Ceremony, and at HMS Collingwood in Fareham the Portsmouth royal Navy base won back the "Brickwood Trophy" at the Royal Navy and Royal Marine Field Gun Competition.
Field Gun crew,s

But the Highlight of the local events was the "Naked Bike Ride" through Portsmouth. This is an annual event to show how vulnerable cyclists are on the road these days, there were 77 riders, and "NO" I was not one of them lol.
Naked Bike ride.
Oh what an exciting city we live in, what could be better than watching 77 naked people ride around the seafront, at least they had good weather for it, and apparently id did draw a large crowd ?????

Well there we are then the next item is to let everyone know that I am in the process of setting up a "Myositis Awareness" website. I will let everyone know more details when I have progressed further. the logo that I will use is shown below, this site will run in Tandem with my "Myositis in focus website" , but will differ in as much as it will be targeted to people who are unaware of Myositis and hopefully to make more people aware of how it affects us.
My Myositis Awareness Logo 
So That about wraps up the journal today. Just to say with all the "Mad" events taking place in and around Portsmouth Yesterday it seems that todays "Date in History" is appropriate. so untill tomorrow I will say Tatty bye for now.

2 comments:

  1. So glad you had a sunny, warm weekend especially for a naked bike ride, the weather here was ghastly, I can't ride a bike naked or otherwise and this weekend would have been wet cold and windy.
    I like your logo for Myositis, it is very eye catching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me,Gordie and Misty had just got onto the common when the """Riders""" went past but I wasn't close enough to get a good view LOL
    Pauline x

    ReplyDelete