Thursday, May 31, 2012

A lost wednesday.

Blood test today
Have you ever had one of those days when the time just seems to disappear, well that was today, I slept well last night, was up in the lounge with my coffee at 8.00 am waiting for Jo the carer, I checked facebook and my emails and  Jo arrived at 8.30, once she had me washed and groomed I sent the morning text to Pauline and she phones back to say that she will get a Taxi at 10.15, to come and collect me as I have a  appointment with debbie at the Surgery for my regular blood tests and then we are off shopping down to Palmerston Road today.

so not a lot of time as once I get breakfast it is nearly 9.30 so need to get ready for when Pauline arrives, I get shaved and dressed with 5 minutes to spare and then Pauline has arrived, so we are off to the Surgery. The appointment is for 10.40 and we go in at 10.45. Debbie has no trouble getting the blood and then we phone for the taxi to take us home to get the wheelchair and then off down to Palmerston road Precinct in Southsea to get the shopping.
Northern half of Palmerston Road Precinct
once we get to the Precinct, Pauline phones Gordon and he walks down with Misty  to meet us and we have a coffee and a snack sat outside at "Greggs" once we have had the snack gordon walks round to "Waitrose" with us which is where we are doing the shopping today and then he takes misty back home.
Waitrose in Marmion Road, Southsea
We go around Waitrose with Pauline pushing me in the wheelchair and we get the shopping that we need and then we go and pick up the Prescription from Boots which we dropped off when we arrived here, We also have a look around Robert Dyers and then make our way over to the southern half of Palmerston road, which has been newly turned into a pedestrian precinct ( almost) as buses still go through there.
Northern half of Palmerston Road
 Once we have looked around there we make our way along Osbourne road via the charity shops to Pauline and Gordon,s flat, where Gordon has the coffee made. we have a bit of a natter and then I get a taxi to take me, the shopping and the Wheelchair home. Pauline comes with me to help me in with the Shopping and wheelchair and then the taxi takes her back home, can't believe it is nearly 3.00 o'clock.
The olympic Torch relay enters day 13 today and goes from Stoke-on-Trent to Bolton. there are huge crowds to cheer it through the streets of Stoke-on-Trent
The Olympic Relay Torch through the streets of Stoke-on-Trent.
The Olympic Torch is being taken to some different places on its travels, it has been on Trains, Lifeboats, Canals, Aquaduct,s and today it gets taken up the Lovell Telescope at Jodrell  Bank
Jodrell Bank Telescope.
So That is about it for today, it is not a long Journal today as It is now 5.40 and I am all behind with everything today, but it has been a great day so I will sign off until tomorrow with the "Day in History" for today
Todays "Day in History" 31st May 1932

No comments:

Post a Comment