Sunday, June 10, 2012

Rain Again !!!


Depressed
As the title say,s there is rain again today and also for the week ahead. After such a nice sunny and bright day yesterday the weather takes another backward step and like the country and europe as a whole sinks back into depression. the Photo below was taken from the live webcam at portsmouth harbour at 9.00 am this morning, this is how Portsmouth is looking today.
Portsmouth Harbour 9.00 am this morning
Well regardless of the "British Summertime" I had a reasonable nights sleep last night, got to sleep about 11.30 and slept through until 6.00 this morning so not to bad. got up about 7.30 and took the obligatory coffee into the lounge and watched the Morning news until Jo the carer arrives at 8.30. she s not impressed with the weather and she has to work until 1.00 today anyway she soon gets me washed and groomed and then she is off to her next client.

Andrew Marr.
Once Jo has gone I get myself another coffee and some wheatabix for breakfast and then once that is finished I text pauline to let her know all is OK here. Pauline phones back to say that everything is OK with them. Gordon is out on Southsea Common with Misty for her morning walk.I now settle down with the laptop and check out Facebook and also watch the "Andrew Marr" show which has just started on BBC 1.

Lunch Today


Well that was a good morning watching TV and working on the laptop and now it is time for lunch. Had a phone call from my son Gervase to say he will be round about 1.30 and he will take me down to Asda to get some shopping done. At 12.30 I have one of the Marks and Spencer mini meals. today it will be braised steak with carrot and Mash Potato. These are only small meals but just right for lunch.
So now it is time to have a shave and get ready for when Gervase arrives. We are only going down to Asda at Fratton so not far to go about 10 minutes by car and I have not got a lot to get as I will be doing the main shop on Tuesday when I go down to the City Centre with Pauline.
While I am waiting for Gervase I will check to see how the Olympic Torch Relay is getting on in this weather. Today it is day 23 and the torch is going from Kirkwall to Lerwick. The Olympic flame was flown into Kirkwall this Morning which is on the Isle of Orkney and is shown here on the steps of St Magnus Cathedral in Kirkwall where it starts today from.
On the Steps of St Magnus Cathedral
Well Gervase arrives about 1.45 so off we go to Asda. as I have not got much to get I decide that I will leave the wheelchair at Home and walk around the store with a shopping trolley to get what I need, it should only take about 15 minutes at the most.  
Here comes Frankie
That went very well actually and I am chuffed that I managed it, the only down side was the amount of people in the store shopping. it was absolutely manic in there today. In fact it took longer to get through the checkout than it did to collect the bits that I needed, anyway that is all done and dusted and we took a drive home along a very deserted and wet Seaside.

Anyway the weather has now taken a turn for the worse and the rain has got heavier and is settled in for the night now according to the weathermen so it is about time I checked the Olympic torch relay to see if there are any more interesting Pictures to post.
The torch is greeted by a Viking guard of honour at Lerwick
So that is about it for today then folks, not a bad day apart from the weather, anyway soon be time to get dinner started I got a nice fresh "Sea Bass Fillet" in Asda today so I will have that with some steamed Cauliflower, Broccoli and New Jersey Royal Potatoes all with a nice cheddar cheese sauce. and I also got a nice piece of Organic Scottish Salmon for tomorrow. Yum, Yum, Yum. so anyhow here is todays day in history from the 10th June 1922.
 So until tomorrow I will say ...............................

No comments:

Post a Comment