Sunday, July 29, 2012

Who overslept today then ?

I Did..................... Had a bit of a oversleep this morning and scared the living daylights out of my carer. 



A Good Nights Sleep.
It certainly is a magical Sunday. For some unknown reason I slept through until 9.00 am this morning when I was awakened by the phone ringing, it was the Care agency office on the phone to ask if I was ok as the carer was at the front door but could not contact me and was worried if I was OK. I was fast asleep and oblivious to the world, it is the latest I have slept for a long time as I am usually awake at 5.30 am and  up at between 7.00 - 7.30 every morning.

Wakey Wakey
I have no Idea why I slept that long. probably needed it as I feel so much better today, I did stay up late last night watching a "Steven Seagal" Movie " Fire Down Below" but I was in bed by 11.30 and as normal woke at 5.30 for the bathroom and then fell asleep again, perhaps the time has come to start setting my alarm clock for 8.00 am just to be on the safe side, as It is not fair  on the carers to have to start getting the office to ring me as it will make them late for their next clients. anyway that over and done with I get washed and groomed and once the carer has gone I get some breakfast and text Pauline to let her know all is OK.

Swimming tonight
so the major decision of the day now is what to watch on TV. I will be watching the women,s Cycling road race later on about noon and also it is nice to see that in the women,s 400 m freestyle heats Rebecca Adlington got through to the finals which are on tonight. The swimming starts at 7.30 so will have to watch that so until the Cycling starts at 12.00 Noon I will watch a couple of repeat episodes of "Rosemary and Thyme"
Rosemary and Thyme TV Series 2003 - 2007
 It is now 11.50 so I make a nice coffee and then change over to watch the Cycling on the BBC Multi screen channel. Gervase phones to say he will be round about 1.30 so we can go to Asda to get the shopping so that is OK as I can watch the first hour or so and then catch the last hour after shopping so that works out about right. The weather is quite sunny here today although a lot of white cloud and a bit of a breeze but in surrey and london where the cycling is taking place they have had some heavy rain storms, and some of the roads have been flooded in places.
A Wet and Flooded road.
However it is a steady pace and Gervase arrives at 1.40 so we get into the car and off we go to Asda to get the shopping for Today and Monday and then I will be back down the city centre on Tuesday shopping with Pauline.
well we get the shopping and then head back home along the sea front, it is a very nice drive today as it is nice with the car windows open and the breeze flowing in. anyway once we are back home we get the shopping put away and then Gervase gets away as he is going up to Ikea in Southampton now to get a couple of items and I get myself a "Meat and Potato" pie for lunch and also a Banana and get back to watch the end of the Cycle race.
Across the finishing line.

Well that was a good finish and the UK get the silver Medal. well that was a great race and well done Lizzie Armitstead on finishing in second place. so the result of the Women,s Cycling road race was:

  1. Gold Medal:   Marianne Vos : Netherlands
  2. Silver Medal:  Lizzie Armitstead : Great Britain
  3. Bronze Medal : Olga Zabelinskaya: Russian Federation.

So after two Days Great Britain gets its first medal of the London 2012 Olympics.  so at the moment we are number 15 in the medal table. China is first with 9 medals, USA second with 7 Medals and Italy third with 6 Medals, but still a long way to go yet and I am looking forward to watching the swimming tonight.

So there we go then, where has the time gone today it is nearly 5.30 and I have not done half the things today that I planned to do, anyway I am now watching "Police Academy 5" on the TV so will say tatty bye for today and leave you with todays " Day in History" from 29th July 1948.

No comments:

Post a Comment