Sunday, December 2, 2012

A Lazy Morning, Busy Afternoon

So Here we are again then folks, another Sunday is upon us and all is well with the world " I Think"  however for your information and pleasure it is only 23 days to go until St Nick comes a calling.
So the big question is am I going to go Christmas Shopping Today, The Bigger answer is No. I am in fact refusing to get out of bed today as it is very cold and frosty this morning,
Back to bed with a coffee
Anyway I went to bed about 10.45 last night and apart from waking once during the night I slept through until 7.00 this morning, Got up to make a coffee, looked out the window and saw that there was a heavy frost covering everything so went back to bed with the coffee and listened to the radio until about 9.30 when I decided to get up. At least the heating had been on since 8.00 so the flat was nice and warm, so made another coffee and settled in front of the TV with the laptop, also sent Pauline a text to let her know I was up

The Morning Paper
so what to do for breakfast I decide to have a Belvita Breakfast Biscuit and a Banana and Yogurt it is a bit late in the morning to have to much, once I have had breakfast I get dressed and then go round to the Tesco Express to get my Morning Paper. It is a nice fresh morning for a walk round to the shop but to cold to stay out long so get the Paper and then head back home to the warmth of the flat, dread to think what my heating bill will be like this winter, probably less than it was when I had the house though.

Please wake up, I Need a wee.
at 11.00 I go and make a coffee and then decide to phone Pauline as I have not heard from her this morning so hope Her and Gordon are both OK, anyway there is no reply and then as I am about to ring her mobile the house phone rings and it is Pauline to say that she has only just woken up and that Gordon is still fast asleep, they were obviously both very tired as I know they haven't slept well the last few nights, and poor misty has not been out for her morning walk yet.

Todays Lunch.
well at least they are both OK so I now settle down to check my emails and also to see who is on Facebook and to play some facebook games, while the old sitcoms are playing on the TV. anyway it is nearly 12.30 and gervase phones to say he will be round about 2.00 this afternoon so that we can go down to Asda at fratton to get the shopping and then have a drive along the sea front. so I decide that I would go and have a shave and get changed ready for when Gervase arrives but first I will have some Cream of Chicken soup with some croutons for Lunch.

well once I have finished lunch, I go and get a shave and change ready for when Gervase arrives, While I am waiting I am watching an old episode on the Gold Channel of the sitcom "Green Green Grass" this was an of spin of only fools and horses and was produced and screened between 2005 and 2009. anyway Gervase arrives at 1.5o and so we get in the car and off we go to Asda.
Green Green Grass 2005 - 2009
The Weather is starting to cloud over and rain is predicted for tonight so at least that will keep the frost from forming and will raise the temperature above 0 c. anyway we get to Asda and get the shopping done it does not take long today and then we get my prescription from the Asda Pharmacy and once we have finished we take a drive back home along the seafront.
Southsea Sea Front in December.
well once we are back home we get the shopping put away, I make a coffee and then Gervase {With very little input from me} gets my christmas tree put up for me it is an artificial pre decorated 6 ft pop up tree from B&Q but at least it gives a bit of christmas cheer to the place, this is the first time I have had a christmas tree up since about 1998. so really feel pleased that I have at last got back into the spirit of Christmas.

well there we are then Christmas has officially started here in Southsea. well it is now 5.45 and time to think about starting dinner, tonight I am branching out and am going to try Steak and Kidney Pie with Mashed Potato and Baked Beans, It will be interesting to see how I get on with that. so I will leave you with a couple of cartoons I did yesterday evening that were to late for yesterdays journal and say Tatty bye until Tomorrow.

Number 15 of Myo Man dreams

Yesterdays "Days to Christmas"

No comments:

Post a Comment