Saturday, December 1, 2012

The Beginning of December

And so another month ends and a new one begins, today we go into December and there is only 24 days to go before santa comes to visit us with all our goodies, mind you if Christmas eve has a frost like last night I can see Santa coming a cropper trying to land his sleigh on the roofs of houses down our road.
Oooops
Anyway it was a decent nights sleep last night, I woke once during the night at about 3.00 am but apart from  that I slept through from 11.30 until 7.30 this morning so that was good, once I was awake I made a coffee and then got up at 8.00 and into the lounge to watch the morning news and to wait for Carol the carer to arrive. I have the heating on as it is a bright sunny day but there was a heavy frost last night and it is a low temperature this morning about 3 C. I took the photo below at about 8.15 this morning, it shows the frost on the roofs of the houses and the cars all iced over.

Toast for breakfast
Anyway Carol arrives at about 8.45 and is feeling the cold, she is happy that she is only working until lunch time, so it does not take her long to get me washed and groomed and is then on her way to her next client, I text Pauline to let her know all is Ok and then get a couple of slices of toast for Breakfast with some apricot Jam and a nice hot coffee.
Time for walkies Pauline and Gordon
While I am having Breakfast Pauline phones to say that Gordon is wrapped up warm in bed and she is out on the common with Misty, ( Gordon,s not silly ) anyway as Pauline says it is very cold and a heavy frost on the common and there is a sea fog out in the solent, Pauline is on her Mobile phone and you can here the Ships in the harbour sounding there fog horns.
 Once breakfast is over and I have spoken to Pauline I get myself dressed and take a walk round to the tesco express to get myself the morning Paper, it is nice to walk out in the fresh crisp morning air, but even with gloves, scarf and a hat I still feel the cold so it is a case of getting the paper and then heading back indoors and making a nice hot mint chocolate and reading the paper before settling to watch a film on the TV.

The Christmas movie I am watching on TV this morning is the original 1947 "Miracle on 34th street" in black and white starring Maureen O'Hara , John Payne and Edmund Qwenn. and a very young Natalie Wood. It is a brilliant film and one that I enjoy watching every year for as long as I can remember. I first saw this film in the Embassy Cinema in Fareham about 1950 or 1951 with my Grandfather.
Miracle on 34th street with a young "Natalie Wood"

Embassy Cinema, Fareham, Hampshire.
The Embassy cinema was one of two cinemas in West Street Fareham, the other one being the savoy. The Embassy was closed in 1983 and demolished in 1989 with a McDonalds being built on the site.

Once that movie is over I decide that I will get a crossword done in  the paper and while I am doing that I get a piece of Smoked haddock cooking in the oven for lunch, I will have that with a slice of bread and butter, it is a fresh haddock fillet so it needs to be used today. once lunch is over I go for a lie down for an hour before getting todays journal started. at 3.00 pm.

It has been a pretty good day today, although it has been cold outside it has been nice and warm indoors, hopefully it will stay nice for shopping tomorrow with Gervase. It is now 4.10 and it is getting dark outside and the temperature is falling, so I need to get this journal posted and then settle down to a nice evening of TV, coffee anf Facebook so until tomorrow I will say Bye. Bye. from a chilly Portsmouth on the south coast of the UK.

No comments:

Post a Comment