Saturday, January 26, 2013

What a day today has been

♬ ♬ ♬ What a day this has been ♬ ♬ ♬
♬ ♬ ♬ What a rare mood I'm in ♬ ♬ ♬
♬ ♬ ♬ Why its almost Like being Ache free ♬ ♬ ♬

♬ ♬ ♬ There's a smile on my face ♬ ♬ ♬
♬ ♬ ♬ For the whole human race ♬ ♬ ♬
♬ ♬ ♬ Why its almost like being Ache Free ♬ ♬ ♬


♬ ♬ ♬ All the music of life seems to be ♬ ♬ ♬
♬ ♬ ♬ Like a bell that is ringing for me. ♬ ♬ ♬
♬ ♬ ♬ And from the way that I feel ♬ ♬ ♬
♬ ♬ ♬ When that bell starts to peal ♬ ♬ ♬
♬ ♬ ♬ I would swear I was falling♬ ♬ ♬
♬ ♬ ♬ I would swear I was falling ♬ ♬ ♬
♬ ♬ ♬ I would swear I was falling innnnnnnnnnnnnnn Oh darn it  I was falling  OUCH. OUCH, OUCH

Make an early coffee
And another Saturday is here, well last night did not go well, I was waking ever hour or so with the aching in my thighs and my "Gluteus Maximus Muscle" At about 5.00 am this morning I managed to massage some Voltarol ointment into the area and that helped, I must say it is not as problematic as it was yesterday and the ache from the right side has mostly dissipated so it is only the left side that still hurts, anyway by 6.30 I had had enough so make a coffee and go and sit in the lounge and watch the early news on the TV.

Carole my Carer.
However the time was well spent and I managed to catch up on facebook and some other bits and pieces on the computer which needed to be done and then at 9.00 Carole my carer arrives, she was not at work yesterday, as her Son and Daughter in law were down with a cold/ flu, and she had her grandson with her for the day. anyway she is back today and her normal cheery self so she soon has me washed and groomed for the day and then she is on her way to the next client, so I have some chocolate star cereal for breakfast and a banana and then I text Pauline to let her know all is OK.

11.00 o'clock toast
Once breakfast is over I get the washing up done and then text Pauline, Pauline phones back to say that she and Gordon will be coming in later today with Agnes, there friend from Weymouth, so that will be nice so once the phone call is over I go and get dressed and then walk round to get my Morning Paper. it is a milder day today and it is a pleasant stroll round to the Tesco Express, in fact there is blue sky and sunshine today, anyway once I have the paper I get back indoors and make another coffee and then sit and read the Paper and get the crossword and the other puzzles done in the paper, by now it is 11.00 so I get a couple of slices of toast and a nice ripe fresh pear as an 11.00 o-clock snack.

Pauline, Gordon and Agnes Arrive
Once I had had the snack I then again get the washing up done and have a lie down for 30 minutes and then make a coffee, and then go back into the lounge to watch some Spike jones videos on youtube on the Smart TV. they are so funny, a very talented guy, anyway while I am watching those the phone rings and it is Pauline to say they have the light bulbs i need and do I want anything in the tesco express as Gordon has dropped her there and is on his way round with Agnes, so time to get the kettle on, as I am in the Kitchen getting the cups ready Gordon and Agnes arrive with  Misty the labrador and Pauline arrives just after.

Well it was a nice hour or so here with the three of them not forgetting misty of course, she was very quiet and just mooched around, she had a walk into the back yard, and spent time just lying around in the lounge with all of us, it was nice to, have a chat with Agnes, and hopefully will see her again next time she is up with Gordon and Pauline. anyway the time went very fast and soon it was time for them to head back home so once they had left I got the washing up done and then watched a bit of TV until 3.30 when I had a couple of Buttered crumpets with a coffee and then got started on todays Journal.

So all in all it has been a good day, the time has flown by and the aches and Pains are almost a distant memory until the next time I do something stupid, it is now 6.20 and I really must get dinner ready so to thank Agnes for visiting I will leave a short Scottish Poem and get this journal Posted

Let the lily of France in luxuriance bloom,
Let the shamrock of Erin its beauty maintain,    
Let the rose of fair England still waft its perfume,    
But the Thistle of Scotia will dearest remain.    '
Twas the badge that our fathers triumphantly wore    
When they followed their sovereigns to vanquish the Dane,    
The emblem our Wallace in battle aye bore;    
Then the Thistle of Scotia must dearest remain.    
It blooms on our mountains, it blooms in the vale,    
It blooms in the winter, in snow, and in rain;    
The type of her sons when rude seasons assail. To Scotia, her Thistle will dearest remain.

so  until tomorrow I will say Cheerio,

No comments:

Post a Comment