Monday, February 25, 2013

A Picture is worth a thousand words.


Pukka Night Time Tea
So here we are on Monday morning and another day I can have a lie in but not so long this morning as I need to get my Lamb into the Slow cooker about 9.00 as that will give it time to cook nice and slowly for my evening meal. Well as some of you may know I bought some "Pukka" night time tea yesterday and tried that yesterday evening, It did make me more relaxed during the evening but whether or not it helped me to sleep is too early to tell, but it tasted nice so worth getting.
I was not a bad nights sleep woke a couple of times during the night but soon got back off to sleep with no trouble and slept for two to three hours at a time, anyway went to bed about 10.30 and at 7.30 this morning, got a coffee and took that back to bed where I dozed and listened to the radio until 9.00 when I got up, dressed and went into the kitchen to start the early preparation of the food for tonight,s dinner which will be Slow braised Lamb with Roast sweet Potato, Honey glazed roast Parsnips and maybe sprout,s all served up with a nice gravy, The Lamb will be cooked in the slow cooker with Onion and diced carrot and swede which  will make a nice vegetable soup for lunch tomorrow. anyway seal the lamp in a frying pan for 3 minutes and then it goes into the Slow cooker, I also peel and cut the Sweet Potato and the Parsnip ready to go on and boil for a short time later today.

All the ingredients for tonight,s dinner ready
well There we are it is going to be a busy day today as I have my Sister and her friend Chris coming down today at about 11.00 to put up some pictures for me, so that will be nice to see them, anyway once the Lamb is in the slow cooker, I get some chocolate Star,s for breakfast and then send the morning text to Pauline. Pauline phones back to say that they are all OK, and that Gordon will be round tomorrow to do the cleaning as he is going to finish the decorating in their bedroom today. anyway once I have finished speaking to Pauline, I get on the laptop and check out facebook and my emails and then It is nearly 11.00 so make a coffee and then watch a bit of Daytime TV until Eileen and Chris arrive.
Eileen and Chris arrive in there van at about 11.15 so it is tea and coffee all round and a nice chat.
Eileen and Chris,s van with the Decima Designs Logo on.
Once we have had a nice chat we get the Pictures sorted out that they are going to put up for me, There are five Pictures going up in the Bedroom, three that gervase did in the early 1980,s when he was at Nursery School and Two that were my late wife Christine,s.
The three Pictures that gervase did.
The Two Pictures that were Christine,s
Next it was the four Pictures to go up in the Lounge, one was a modern canvas One was  Picture that belonged to my Grandparents of an elegant lady, one that is five 3D pictures of Fantasy scenes and there is one which is a print of a newspaper picture of the sinking of a passenger ship that my Great, Great  Grandfather drowned when it sank in 1870.

Two of the Pictures in the Lounge
The Large Picture in the lounge with Eileen and Chris
After Lunch of a Banana and a Yoghurt, for me and Sandwiches for Eileen and Chris they put up my Carbon Monoxide detector for me and also a large number outside my flat. While they are doing that  Pauline Texts a photo of a Meat mincer she has got for me from Robert Dyas and Gordon Texts a Photo of Charlie the cat getting warm by a oil fired radiator.
A nice new meat mincer, just the job
Keep Warm Charlie, its cold outside
So that has been a very hectic but enjoyable morning, Chris and Eileen make a move about 2.00 to go up to there Studio in Drayton and I go for a lie down for an hour before getting up and putting the Sweet Potato and Parsnip on to boil for 3 minutes.
Eileen and Chris,s Decima Designs Studio at Drayton.
Well it is now 5.00 so I am going to finish todays Journal and get it Posted before getting the Parsnips and Sweet Potato into the oven to roast for dinner at 6.00. I am also waiting for a phone call back from my GP. so until tomorrow I will say tatty Bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment