Saturday, February 2, 2013

And another Saturday that comes along.

A Croaky throat.
There is only one problem with eating Gluten free Ginger biscuits and Gluten free Chocolate chip cookies and that is like all Gluten free biscuits they are harder and more brittle than ordinary biscuits and if you don't "Dunk" them in you tea or coffee then you end up like I have this morning with a sore/scratched throat by pigging out on biscuits last night .

How much beef how much Horse ?
Not a good nights sleep either last night was awake until about 12.30 with the raynauds playing up in my toes, anyway that seemed to go by 12.30 so managed to get off to sleep, woke at 2.30 for the bathroom and then woke up at 6.00 and that was about it, made a coffee and took to bed and stayed in bed dozing on and off until 7.45 when I decided to get up and go into the lounge with a coffee and wait for Carol the carer. I put on the TV and the news is depressing again, today they were on about more traces of Horse meat in Burgers and also other things like Pork in Beef and lamb products, it just goes to show that you just don't know what is put into processed foods so I am glad I only eat fresh produce these days.

Mr Clutch Fratton Way, Portsmouth
Anyway I am glad I do not eat burgers anymore, I used to love Burger king . Carol arrives about 9.10 and has a busy day today, so we have a chat and then she gets me washed and groomed, puts "Diprobase" cream on my feet and legs and is then on her way to her next client, Once Carol has Gone I text Pauline and then get some Gluten free porridge for breakfast. Pauline phones back and said that all is OK, Gordon has t take his car up to the garage in Fratton way for its MOT at 2.15 so Pauline said they have to go to B&Q while they are there and may pop in for a coffee afterwards.

Once Pauline is off the phone and I have finished Breakfast I go and get dressed and then check out my emails and facebook, after that I go and get the breakfast washing up done and then walk round to Tesco Express to get the morning paper. It is a nice Sunny but cold day out today so wrap up warm and take a slow walk around the block on the way home. It won't be long before the trees are back in leaf and the blossom appears.
The Traffic Lights by the Entrance to Milton Park this Morning
Once back home I make a nice coffee and then settle down to read the paper and as usual do the crosswords, listening to the radio they are playing some older music and the words of one of the songs is as true now as it was when it was written and recorded. by Ray Davies and the Kinks in 1966

♬ ♬ ♬ The tax mans taken all my dough, ♬ ♬ ♬
♬ ♬ ♬ And left me in my little home, ♬ ♬ ♬
♬ ♬ ♬ Lazing on a sunny afternoon. ♬ ♬ ♬
♬ ♬ ♬ And I can't sail my yacht, ♬ ♬ ♬
♬ ♬ ♬ He's taken everything Ive got, ♬ ♬ ♬
♬ ♬ ♬ All Ive gots this sunny afternoon. ♬ ♬ ♬


Model yacht sailing on Canoe lake, 
well the morning has gone by very quickly and so at 1.00 I get myself some chicken soup and a couple of Crisp bread (Gluten free of course) and enjoy that and am watching an excellent film on TV starring Pauline Collins and John Alderton called "Mrs Caldicot's Cabbage war. it is an excellent film and very funny I saw it about 4 years ago and is well worth watching it was made in 2002.
Mrs Caldicot's cabbage war 2002
well the afternoon is going quickly and I have spoken to Gervase, he has been out for a haircut today and is off out shopping for clothes this afternoon, anyway about 3.15 the phone rings and it is pauline to say they are on the way round so I need to get the kettle on ready to make the coffee. They stay for about 45 minutes and have a coffee and a chat, Gordon,s car passed the MOT Ok so they are glad about that. anyway once we have had a chat and a coffee they make there way back home.
Pauline and Gordon make their way home
Once pauline and Gordon have Gone I make another coffee get the laptop up and running and after checking Facebook I get todays blog started. it is now 5.25 so do not know where the time has gone today, the day has just flown by anyway I am going to get this Journal finished and posted now and then I will start thinking about getting dinner done today, I am going to try the Gluten free sausages tonight with some mashed potato and baked beans, should be tasty, anyway I will let you know tomorrow how I get on with them, so until tomorrow I will say Bye Bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment