Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Another reduction of the Prednisolone



Is it bedtime Yet
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. That is how I feel today, So I think it will be a day of regular lie downs and catnaps today. The reason is that Today I start the next stage of the reduction of Prednisolone. Up until Monday I was on 15 mg of Prednisolone on alternate days, and I have been on that since September last year, When I saw my Neurologist on Monday he wanted me to change to 10 mg on Alternative days, so Monday I took the 15 mg, yesterday was a prednisolone free day so today is when I start the lower dose of 10 mg Of prednisolone.

So I think this will end up being a quick short Journal today. however I did talk to Dr Gibb my Neurologist about this on Monday and also Dr Tyrell my GP Yesterday and both were in agreement that if I found that the 5 mg drop was to much that I could get some 1 mg prednisolone tablets and taper down slower over a period of time but I will give it a go at 10 mg on alternate days for a couple of weeks and see how it goes.

Watching Breakfast TV
Well lets get back to today, It was a decent nights sleep last night, I went to bed at 10.30 after the TV News and listened to the local radio until I turned it of at 11.30 and went straight off to sleep and slept through until 7.30 this morning so a good 7.50 to 8.00 hours of sleep last night, anyway put on the radio this morning and lay in bed with a coffee listening to it until 8.30 when I went and made another coffee and took into the lounge to watch the Breakfast news on the Tv and send the morning text to Pauline, to let her know all is OK.

Pauline Phones back to say that she is out on the common with Misty for her morning walk, and that although it is Sunny it is very cold this morning and that the ground feels like it is frozen. Gordon got away OK this morning as he is on his way to Salisbury for work. Once I have spoken to Pauline I get dressed and get myself some Gluten Free Cereal for Breakfast before logging onto the laptop and checking my emails and also Facebook.

Having A Cat Nap
Once I have checked out Facebook and caught up on my facebook "words with friends" Games and my emails I then take a walk round to the "Tesco Express" to get my Daily paper. It is a pleasant walk round to get the paper and then once back home I settle down with the paper and a coffee and get the crosswords done before munching a Banana. I took my Prednisolone after Breakfast as Usual and at 12.30 I have a small tin of Salmon and a couple of slices of toast for lunch before going for a lie down/cat nap at 1.00 for an hour.

Get Dinner Prepared
at 2.00 I go into the and get dinner prepared for tonight, I will be having Lamb tonight which I browned in the frying pan and put into the slow cooker at 1.00 so that will be ready for 6.00. I have just added some potato to it and have put some Cauliflower and Broccoli ready into a pan of water to cook later on this evening about 5.30. so once that is done I Make a coffee and then into the lounge to get todays Journal written

Well today has gone by pretty smoothly although I have no energy, but hopefully it will only take a couple of weeks to get used to the lower dose of Prednisolone anyway just have to take it easier and rest when my body tells me to so now I am going to get todays journal Posted and then settle down with a coffee in the recliner ready to watch Pointless on TV in an hour, so until tomorrow I will say Adios Amigo,s.


No comments:

Post a Comment