Saturday, March 2, 2013

The day improved as it progressed

Trouble getting to sleep last night.
Good Day one and all and here we are on Saturday, well after yesterday I am hoping that today would have been better and to be honest it started of on a bit of a downer, but it did get better as it Progressed. anyway my legs are a lot better today as is the IBS, well Last night was Ok once I actually managed to get off to sleep, I went to bed about 10.30 and was listening to the local radio but could not get off to sleep for a long time, I turned off the radio about 12.30 but it was almost 2.00 am before I managed to drop off to sleep and then slept through until 7.30 when I made a coffee and lazed in bed until 8.15 when I took a coffee into the lounge to wait for the carer.

Not at all Happy
well as I am waiting for the carer I decide to check out facebook and my e-mails, and once I had done that I watched the Breakfast news on BBC 1, well 9.00 came and went then 9.30 and when it got to 10.00 still no carer so phoned the out of office number and was told that they had staffing problems and a carer would be here at some stage, so I told them not to bother and that I would be phoning the office on Monday to cancel my care package and also Phoning Portsmouth Adult Social care, I think That I will make my own private arrangements for my care from now on. The Adult Social care and the NHS in Portsmouth is in total disarray. anyway to say I am not happy is an understatement.

anyway once that has been dealt with and I have calmed down I make some porridge for breakfast and then text Pauline, next thing to do is get some clothes on and then go round and get my morning paper, it is a little milder today although still grey and cloudy but they are forecasting sunshine later on today although temperatures are below normal for this time of the year.
5 day forecast for Portsmouth UK
Gordon out with Misty on the common
anyway once back with the paper I have a quick look at the headlines. Pauline had phoned before I went round for the paper to say that she had a lie in today and felt a little better than yesterday but was taking it easy again today, and Gordon was up early today to take Misty out for her morning walk on the Common.

Once I had checked out the Headlines in the Paper I decide to get the Cottage pie made ready for Dinner this evening, It is going to be made with a fresh produce and I will be mincing the beef myself so totally 100% British Beef. I do like cooking with fresh Products so I know exactly what I am eating and am sure it is all Gluten Free, so a first time to try out my new Meat Mincer that I got last week.
My New mincer Excellent
Anyway I get all the ingredients together, Mince the Beef, Chop the Onion, And peel and chop the Potato and grate the cheese, so all is ready to get it cooked and the Potato Mashed ready to make the Cottage Pie with Cheesy Mash.
All the ingredients ready to be cooked.
It takes about an hour to get everything prepared and cooked and then I have enough to make two cottage pies, one for dinner this evening and one to go in the fridge for dinner on Monday so there we are 2 homemade cottage pies with Cheesy mash for the grand total of approx £1.75 each and an hour in the kitchen, no E numbers no additives or chemicals and Gluten free.
2 home made cottage pies 1 for tonight and 1 for Monday.
The Washing Up
So once that is done we have the worst part of cooking and that is the washing up, once the washing up is done I have a coffee and then go for a lie down for an hour as standing in the kitchen for an hour or so has made my backache so 30 minutes lie down will sort that out, once I have had the lie down, I make another coffee and then into the lounge to read the paper and to watch a Tim Allen film " The Shaggy Dog" that is starting at 1.00 pm. I also have a banana and a yoghurt for lunch. The Shaggy dog is a 2006 Disney remake starring Tim Allen,of the 1959 film of the same name
The Shaggy Dog starring Tim Allen 2006
So that is it for today , apart from the fact that I had a run in with the Care company this morning and being let down without a carer, it has been a good day, I feel a lot better than I did yesterday and looking forward to my cottage pie tonight which I will have with Cauliflower and Broccoli,  well it is now 4.20 and time for me to get the vegetable prepared for dinner tonight so I will finish todays journal and get it posted to my blog and then I will be all set for a relaxing evening of TV so until tomorrow I will say Cheerio.




No comments:

Post a Comment