Monday, July 15, 2013

and another day of Summer

Welcome to 


Well all I can say is I am glad it is not raining here today.

Swithun or Swiphon died c862 was an Anglo Saxon Bishop of Winchester, and made a Patron Saint of Winchester Cathedral. According to tradition, the weather on his feast day (July 15th) will continue for 40 Days

St Swithun's day if thou dost rain
For forty days it will remain
St Swithun's day if thou be fair
For forty days twill rain nae mare  

Winchester Cathedral, the resting place of St Swithun,
Winchester is 25 miles from Portsmouth
So there we are then so now you know that whatever weather you have today on the Feast of Saint Swithun it will remain for 40 days. so stock up on Sun Screen.

well yesterday we went shopping early in the day as my son Gervase and my lovely daughter-in-law leanne were going down to Bournemouth in the afternoon for an evening gig at the Bournemouth 02 academy , they put a photo on face book of them enjoying the sunshine in Bournemouth and it will be there 4th wedding anniversary next week.
Gervase and leanne in Bournemouth yesterday
well it was an indifferent nights sleep last night, I had a good day yesterday and took a walk down the park in the afternoon, but I found that last night was so hot that I did not get a decent nights sleep but I only got up once to use the toilet but it was a restless night, at least I did not have any weird dreams.
A Restless night.
24c at 8.30 am
anyway I eventually got up at 8.30 this morning and made my way into the lounge with a coffee and to text Pauline and also to get the window open as the temperature in the lounge is already up to 24 C. Once I have sent the text to Pauline I go and get some chocolate star Gluten free cereal for breakfast and then settle down with the laptop to check out emails and Facebook. . Pauline phones back to say that she is out with Misty for her morning walk, and that it is very warm again today, that is why they try and take Misty out early she is on the way back home now, once I have spoken to Pauline I settle down to watch Heir Hunters on TV.
Walking the dog
I watch some Tv until about 10.45 and then get myself out with the Rollator and go for a walk round to the new spar shop to get a birthday card and my daily paper and then take a walk around the block and decide that I will take a walk over to B&Q while I am out as I can get a coffee there and see some old workmates at the same time.
Walking down towards Devonshire square in the sunshine
In the B&Q Car park not a lot of customers
Once inside B&Q I wander round and see some of my previous workmates, but it was very quiet in the store and hardly any customers and even less staff, so I decide that I will have a sit down with a coffee before heading back home.
Having a coffee in B&Q
well once I had finished my coffee I make my way back home and indoors where I make a nice cup of de-caff tea and put the TV on. it is now 12.30 so I have been out for nearly 2 hours, mind you I had several sit down on the way round, when I found a shady nook. Cue a song.
♫ ♪ ♬ In a shady nook, by a babbling brook ♫ ♪ ♬
♫ ♪ ♬ Mid the flowers, I spend hours, every day.♫ ♪ ♬
♫ ♪ ♬ That old shady nook, and that babbling brook. ♫ ♪ ♬
♫ ♪ ♬ They're my memories book, since your away. ♫ ♪ ♬

Well there we go, entertainment and History in one posting. now how lucky are you. anyway at 1.15 I get a snack of cheese and Gluten free oatcakes, and also a banana and then go for a afternoon cat nap for an hour before going and getting the daily journal written.
Anyway once I am up I go to close the bedroom window and notice that the cat next door has found a nice shady spot so have a siesta. so looks like I am not the only one who likes a lie down in the afternoon.
A nice place to get a cool sleep
Anyway I make another cup of tea and then go and get the daily journal written and Posted it is now getting on for 4.30 so I will get this finished and posted and then settle down to a nice evening of the TV and the fan, and also to get ready for shopping tomorrow, which reminds me Tomorrow is Pauline,s Birthday so for tomorrow.
Happy Birthday Pauline...........

So there we are, time to get this Journal posted and then Settle down for the rest of the afternoon and evening so until tomorrow I will say........









No comments:

Post a Comment