Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Elvis has left the Building " well Pauline has anyway"

Yes Folks Pauline was discharged from the Queen Alexandra hospital in Portsmouth this morning after undergoing her Thyroid operation yesterday .
The Surgeon said that the operation was a total success and that they took out the nodule and only had to remove half the Thyroid, and that she is not required to take any further medication at this point in time. her Calcium levels were OK this morning so they discharged her, and she will see her consultant surgeon in 4 weeks time. so good news for her and Gordon and also for my ever growing pile of laundry.
Get Better soon Pauline
Gordon kindly took me up to the hospital yesterday evening to see Pauline and I took a photo of her sitting up and chatting to us all, Her sister Fran was up there as well as her nephew Stewie and fran asked Gordon to make sure he sorted out Pauline,s pillows before we left, so here is the proof that he did as he was told.
Pauline sitting and chatting last night
Gordon sorting out Pauline,s pillows as instructed by Fran
Anyway after we had spent a couple of hours up at the Hospital we made our way home at about 7.40. Gordon dropped me at home and then made his way home so that was nice to see Pauline. While we were at the hospital Gordon and I had a nice costa coffee in the cafeteria while we left pauline for 20 minutes so she could eat her dinner in peace.
Shop and cafeteria at Queen Alexandra Hospital.
Once I was back indoors last night I got my dinner on to cook for 30 minutes while I watched Emmerdale which I had recorded, and then after dinner I got the washing up done and settled with a coffee to watch the TV until 10.30 when I went to bed and listened to the radio for half an hour before getting off to sleep. It did not take long to get off to sleep as it has been a long and tiring day as I was awake early yesterday morning.
 
Time to go to sleep
It was a decent nights sleep last night, woke a couple of times during the night but then dropped back off to sleep almost immediately. And then I slept through until about 7.30 this morning when I get up and go into the kitchen to make a coffee which I take back to bed and lie there for an hour listening to the Julian Clegg show on Radio Solent.
The First coffee of the day
I drag myself out of bed at 8.30 and go and get a cup of tea and then  into the lounge where I take my Lansoprazole before firing up the laptop and checking out my emails and facebook I stay on the laptop until 9.30 catching up with the facebook games and then get myself some porridge for breakfast and take my 10 mg of Prednisolone, which I take every other day. once I have had breakfast I wash up and then get dressed and head round to get my daily paper at the local Tesco Express.
A Daily Newspaper seller
Once I have got my daily paper I head back home and settle down in the recliner to read it, I am having trouble with my legs being very achey today so hopefully the prednisolone will soon  sort them out otherwise I will take some paracetamol later on. about lunch time gordon texts me to say that he is back home with Pauline and that she is OK so that is good , she is probably glad to be back in her own home with Gordon and Misty and Charlie the dog and cat.

I get myself some baxters chicken soup for lunch at 1.30 and then at 2.00 I go for a lie down for an hour or so and also take a couple of Paracetamol, to ease the pain in the right hip, at 3.00 I go into the kitchen and get the vegetable prepared for tonight,s dinner and then I settle down to get todays journal written and posted.
Tonight,s Dinner


Well that is about it for today it is now 4.50 so I am going to get this journal posted for today and then relax for the rest of the evening, not forgetting to get dinner at about 6.30 it will be roast chicken with Potato, Broccoli and Cauliflower tonight. anyway I will post this now so until tomorrow I will say Tatty bye.













No comments:

Post a Comment