Thursday, August 29, 2013

and welcome to another Thursday.

And has anyone seen Pauline ?????
yes folks it is Thursday again, Oh how the week flies by when we are having fun, what with a trip to the seaside on Monday, The vampire Tuesday, and yesterday the Doctors and now today the Lost "Pauline" life is full of Fun.

Wednesday 28th August 2013

Well Wednesday dawns bright and cheerful, and I have to get up earlier today as I have my appointment with Dr Tyrrell my long standing GP. I made an appointment to see him as I am finding that it is difficult to breath in this hot and humid weather we are having here in the UK this year and also Dr Tyrrell is retiring in September so I need to drop a thank you card in to him as well.
Happy Retirement Dr Tyrrell
 However I am up at 8.00 and into the lounge with a coffee where I text Pauline, She phones back to say her and gordon will be down at 9.30 and Gordon will take us to the Eastney health centre for my appointment at 10.00 and then he will go and start the weekly flat clean while Pauline and I go down to morrisons to get the shopping.

Once I have finished talking to Pauline I have a shower and then get ready for when Pauline and Gordon arrive/ They arrive about 9.30 so we have a coffee and then Gordon gets the wheelchair into the car and then we are off to the doctors, where Gordon Leaves us and heads back to the flat to start the cleaning.
Eastney Health centre (Stock Photo 2012)
We do not have to wait long to se Dr Tyrrell, he checks my temperature and also my chest and blood pressure and it is al Ok so agrees that it is the humidity that is causing me to find it harder to breath, anyway I will see Dr Gibb next Thursday and he will probably arrange for my yearly PFT the last twice it has been about 84% so not to mad for my age and as an ex smoker. anyway I wish him luck with his retirement and look forward to meeting his replacement, anyway as I thought he prescribes me a Ventolin  inhaler with a Aerochamber and so off we go to get that at the chemist across the road before phoning for a taxi to take us down to Morrisons at the City Centre.
Lloyds Pharmacy opposite Eastney Health Centre. (Stock Photo 2012)

Ventolin Inhaler with Aerochamber
Once we are down at Morrisons, we have a coffee and then get the shopping done before getting a Taxi back home, by this time it has just gone 12.00. Once home Gordon has got my flat nice and clean and tidy as usual and so we have a Sandwich for lunch and also a coffee and a good chat before Gordon and Pauline make there way home about 1.30.
You have done well Gordon. Thank you
At 2.00 I go for a cat nap for an hour and then at 3.00 I make a coffee and get the vegetable prepared for dinner before going into the lounge and getting some paperwork sorted out before dinner at 6.00 and settling down for the evening with the TV.

Here is the Wednesday Update on Tom Coleby,s Cycle ride by his mum Lesley Coleby


Tom's John O'Groats to Land's End cycle ride - Day 6. The boys have safely arrived tonight's destination. They are staying between Warrington and Chester with Sophie, a good friend from University. She (or her parents!) are kindly putting them up for the night. I hope they are prepared for 5 sweaty, very hungry tired boys. I also hope they can borrow the washing machine, as I don't like to think of the state of their two sets of cycling kit! It was a long day today, 100 miles, it went well although a slow first 50 miles as Ed had a couple of punctures and wheel issues which meant they didn't arrive until gone 6pm. I gather the roads have been busier, as they have cycled through/near several big northern towns - Lancaster, Preston, Wigan and Warrington. Warrington is not far from Liverpool (Beatles fame!). It will be great for them to see a friendly face and Sophie is a lovely bubbly girl so I'm sure she will boost their spirits. Tomorrow they will be cycling not far from the Welsh border all the way down from Chester to Hereford. James's parents, who live in Cardiff, Wales, are hoping to meet them tomorrow night, so another boost hopefully. Keep the boys in your prayers, an accident can happen at any time, especially in the busier routes. Until tomorrow ........

So Far Tom has raised over £3,600 through his just Giving Page. Well Done Tom

Tom and Friends crossing the border from Scotland to England.(Tuesday ?)



Thursday 29th August 2013

Well after another decent nights sleep, waking once at 3.30 for the bathroom and also a glass of water I eventually woke at 7.30 where I got up and made a coffee which I took back to bed and lazed listening to the radio until 8.30.
Lazing in Bed
 At 8.30 I get up and make my way into the lounge where I text Pauline and then get some Porridge for breakfast, Pauline texts back to say she will phone me when she gets indoors as she is out with Misty on their morning walk. Once I have had breakfast I was up the breakfast things and then settle down to watch "Heir Hunters"  A Genealogy program on BBC 1. about 9.45 Pauline phones to say that all is Ok and that it is another hot day .
Walk don't Run !!
well once I have spoken to Pauline and The "Heir hunters has finished I get the Roland the Rollator out and take a walk round to the Tesco express to get the morning Paper and then have a wander into Milton Park where I sit in the fresh air to read the paper for 30 minutes before heading back home about 11.15.

Tesco Express (Stock photo 2012)
Milton Park (Stock Photo 2012)
Once back indoors I make a coffee and settle down to do the crossword in the paper and then watch an episode of "The Father Dowling Mystery,s" on the TV before going for a lie down until 2.00 when I get a Strawberry complan and a Banana for Lunch.
Father Dowling Mysteries 1987 - 1991
As I am washing up the lunch things, Gordon Phones to ask of I have spoken to Pauline this morning. as he has phoned her Mobile and Home phone and she is not answering. Gordon is up in Salisbury Today and Tomorrow , so I phone Pauline several times on both phones and I am thinking of getting a taxi over to their house in  waterlooville when my phone rings and it is Pauline, she went out to the local tesco and forgot to take her mobile, which is amazing as she is always telling me that I need to take my Mobile if I go out, anyway panic over and I tell her to phone Gordon as he is worried.
When you go out shopping take your Mobile with you
well after all that excitement LOL, I decide to make a coffee and get this journal written, so the rest of the day will be spent relaxing in front of the TV and having dinner at 6.00.tonight I am having a smoked loin of Cod cooked in butter with a jacket potato with grated cheddar cheese "Yummy, Yummy" Naughty but nice and then I can look forward to Freaky Friday tomorrow.
Smoked Cod loin half price from Morrisons
So there we are then folks so until the next Journal on Saturday I will say..............





No comments:

Post a Comment