Sunday, August 25, 2013

The August bank Holiday and the sun goes away

All that super weather we have been having, heat waves and sunshine and what happens when the August bank holiday arrives, the sun goes away "Typical"



However welcome to...................................

Saturday 24th August 2013.

Saturday started pretty well really considering I did not take my Methotrexate until later on Friday evening, had a decent nights sleep on friday and had a lie in until 9.00 this morning. once I was up and in the lounge with a coffee I sent the morning text to Pauline and then settled down to have some Porridge for breakfast.


well once I have had breakfast I take a stroll with the rollator round to the tEsco Express to get my morning paper and also some milk before going back home and settling down to read the paper  and get the crosswords done. It has been a quiet morning so far and have been messing around on facebook and then the front door bell rings and it is Gordon and their friends son Charlie. Gordon had hired a van for the morning and They have been down to Pauline,s flat to move the last bits and pieces over to te Garage at their new home, and popped in for a coffee on the way back.
Charlie helping Gordon
After Gordon and Charlie have gone I get some lunch and then go for a lie down for an hour before taking a coffee into the lounge and going on to the computer to do some more world war one research.  Next Year is the 100th anniversary of the start of WW1 and Portsmouth is bidding to become 2014 National Armed Forces city as 2014 is the 350th anniversary of the Royal Marines, the 100th anniversary of the outbreak of WW1 and the 70th anniversary of D-Day

HMS Illustrious leaving Portsmouth in Aug 2013

D-Day Museum Portsmouth
Royal Marine Museum Portsmouth
Royal Navy museum Portsmouth Historic Dockyard
All in all it was a very enjoyable afternoon and it was soon 6.00 pm and time to give the research a rest, I had recorded two episodes of Bonanza which I will watch tomorrow morning and now there are two episodes of "Walker Texas Ranger"on the CBS channel which I can watch, but first I need to get my dinner prepared and on to cook ready for 7.00 and while that is cooking I watch the Tv and have dinner at 7.00. it is salmon with fresh vegetables and a parsley sauce tonight and it was very tasty as well.

well I had just finished Dinner at 7.30, made a coffee and had settled down to an evening of watching TV when Pauline, Gordon and Charlie arrive. They had decided to come and visit for the evening and brought a deck of playing cards and some bags of Pennies so we spent the evening playing Cards for Pennies (Newmarket) and guess who won the most money (41p) "ME" we played until 10.30 and then they left to go home at 11.00 so y the time I sorted myself out I got to bed about 11.45, but what a super and enjoyable evening after a good day.
Its Mine all Mine

Sunday 25th August 2013

"Early to Bed, Early to Rise"
"Makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise"

or so the Poem Goes, well last night that did not apply to me and today I had a lie in until 9.30, well that was a brilliant evening last night, and I slept really well, but will probably have to rest a bit today, but well worth it.
Time to get up
Once I was up and in the lounge I had a coffee and sent the text to Pauline before getting some breakfast. Pauline phones back to say that all is ok with them , her and Gordon got up about 9.30 but young charlie was still fast asleep, still he is only 15 so no surprise there. and Gordon is out with misty for her morning walk so that is OK
Don't get lost in the woods Gordon
once I had spoken to Pauline I had my Breakfast and then got on the laptop to check out the emails and facebook. before I have a phone call from Gervase to say that he will be round about 2.00 to go out to get some shopping. so I spend the morning just relaxing with the local radio and the laptop.
As it is a bank holiday there is the yearly kite festival taking place on southsea common along with other events so it is probably busy down the seafront today
The kite Festival this weekend on Southsea Common.
There are several other things going on in Southsea this weekend, There is the "Gerry Cottle Circus" on the common until Tuesday,
Gerry Cottle,s Circus
There is also a Tribute band concert on at the Bandstand this evening ending with a firework display at 9.30 pm.
The bandstand at Southsea Castle fields.
Gervase arrives at 2.15 and we head off down to Asda at Fratton to get some shopping, it is not worth going to far as the roads are chock a block with traffic, anyway we get the shopping and head back home where we put the shopping away and then have a nice chat before Gervase heads back home.
Asda at Fratton (Stock photo)
well that is about it for today then, Gervase has headed back home to Leanne, and I am now going to settle down with a coffee and get this journal finished but before I do I would like to mention that There is a young man named Tom Coleby who is cycling with 4 of his friends from John O,Groats at the top of  Scotland to Lands End on the south western tip of England, a Total of 1000 miles over 10 days.  They are cycling in aid of Cancer Research but Tom is cycling in aid of the Myositis Support Group as his Mother Lesley Coleby has Myositis, some of you may Know her through the "Myositis Ramblers" group on Facebook.
Tom and Friends at John O'Groats
So Far through his Just Giving page tom has raised in excess of £3,160.00 so well done Tom . Here is the link to Tom,s "Just Giving Page"


Well Tom and his friends are now on Day 3 of their ten day journey and I am sure that we wish them well and to say a big thank you to Tom .
Lands End, Cornwall

Well that is about it for today so until Tuesday I will say.........................


No comments:

Post a Comment